20: A Costly Slap

Emma's POV

After an amazing sex session with Charlotte, we both took a shower and I ordered over phone to send our lunch. I was in my silk robe and so was Charlotte. I was sitting on a sofa and Charlotte was just checking herself in the mirror. We heard a knock on the door. Charlotte was nearer to the door, so she opened it.

It was a maid. She entered the room with the food. She stood in front of me, bowed to me, then to Charlotte and later left. The lunch consisted of a grilled chicken with gravy, spinach tossed with some tomatoes and garlic, a bread, rice and some mixed fruit juices. We ate the food as we were tired because of sex. After finishing food, Charlotte had a smoke and I had a glass of wine.

We played a game of chess and guess who won. Me! I am very good at Chess. After that we moved to our bed and watched movie. We were lying next to each other. The movie was of couple of hours and Charlotte slept while watching it. I turned off the TV. Her head was on my shoulder. I saw her closely and she was sleeping very peacefully. I placed my hand over her waist.

We woke up after couple of hours, by a knock on our door. The maid had come with some coffee. We got up and drank coffee. We both finished the movie and it was time for dinner. After having dinner, we again had a tiring sex session. The next day was very similar.

Charlotte's POV

The two days were amazing with Emma. It was time for me to face Veronica. I woke up early, while Emma was still asleep. Emma has never been a morning person. I got up, took shower and got dressed.

I know that Veronica is a morning person

I know that Veronica is a morning person. So, I went to her room. I knocked on Veronica's door and she said wait a minute. After a minute she said come in.

I opened the door and saw Veronica.

She was wearing a grey colored coat with matching jeans

She was wearing a grey colored coat with matching jeans. Her hairs were messy. She was holding a glass jar of water in hand. She looked at me and was startled. She dropped the jar she was holding which made a loud noise. One of the maids came in a hurry to check what has happened.

I called Veronica couple of times, but she didn't respond. The maid came and was about to clean. She asked her to move aside, but veronica didn't move. The maid looked at me. I went inside and grabbed her. She came back from her thoughts. She looked at me and slapped me hard. I didn't expect that from her, but I completely deserved that. She had tears in her eyes.

"What's going on?" said someone from behind. I turned around to see, it was Emma. I forgot to close her door. The sound of glass jar must have made her awake.

 The sound of glass jar must have made her awake

She came close to us. She looked at me, then at Veronica and then observed the entire room. She grabbed Veronica's hand and gave her a tight slap on her right cheek. It was shocking. I called her name and she gave me a stern look and I understood that it is better to be quiet. She asked the maid to call guards and two guards entered the room. Veronica was all afraid and scared. Tears were falling from her eyes.

"Yes! Your grace. We are at your service!" The guards said in unison. "Take princess Veronica to the prison cell and cut her food and water for a day. No visitors allowed." Said Emma in her commanding voice. The two guards looked at each other and then at Emma. "You have your orders. Now take her!" said Emma in a very stern and demanding voice.

The two guards grabbed Veronica's hands and started to walk her. "No! Please stop! Please don't take me to a prison! Charlotte, I am sorry! Please ask them to stop!" pleaded Veronica. I looked at Emma and was about to speak, but stopped when she raised her hand, indicating me to shut my mouth. "Don't you dare to visit her, princess Charlotte!" said Emma and left the room. A moment later, I went behind her, but she had closed the door of her room. I called her many times, knocked, pounded her door, but she didn't respond and it was my cue to go away from there.

I wanted to go and visit poor Veronica, but I didn't. If I do that, it will make Emma look weak in front of her cabinet and citizens.

Veronica's POV

I got up at my usual time and was getting ready for my training when I heard a knock. Every morning a maid comes with few things. I thought this time is also the same. I asked her to wait for a minute and later allowed her to enter. I had a jar in my hand when I saw Charlotte. I was completely startled to see her and the jar fell from my hands.

The next thing I remember is giving Charlotte a tight slap for leaving me all alone, for not talking to me, not telling me anything and treating me like I don't exist. Few moments later, I heard a voice. I looked around and saw Emma. She was looking furious. She came close, grabbed me towards her and hit me hard on my face. I was lost for few moments. Next thing I know is two guards grabbing me and taking me to a prison. I begged Charlotte to stop it, but she did nothing. The guards put me in a car with a blindfold and hands cuffed behind my back. My heart was beating very fast because of fear.

After few minutes the car stopped and the guards took me out of the vehicle. One of the guards grabbed my hand and took me somewhere. Few moments later, someone took out my handcuffs and blindfold. I opened my eyes slowly and saw a lady guard. She opened a cell and pushed me inside. "Careful! She is Princess Veronica!" said one of the guards who brought me. They exchanged looks and the lady guard looked at me angrily and said, "She is just a prisoner to me and nothing else!"

I was all alone in that cell. It was completely packed. There was only a 3x3 sized hole for light and air to come. I screamed for help, but nothing happened and sometime later I lied on the floor. It was all dirty with dust and garbage. I didn't care much and fall asleep.

After I woke up, I was all hungry, I screamedfor food and like before nothing happened. The light faded and it was all dark.I realized it was night and I was still hungry and thirsty. I was swearingmyself for hitting the queen's wife. I didn't know the cost that I had to payfor the slap.

Any guesses about the coming chapter.