15. Shock

Veronica's POV

We onboarded the plane. The plane was yet to take off. I was having a headache, probably because of lack of sleep. I told Charlotte to ask for some medicine from the crew. She did and after couple of minutes, the Air Hostess brought a medicine. I took the medicine and after 5 minutes, I went to sleep.

I woke up. I rubbed my eyes, yawned couple of times. My head-ache was gone. I was checking for phone. It was on the table, but dead. I remember that I forgot to charge it. I looked around and saw a big beautiful room. Even the bed I was on, was more than double the queen-sized bed. 5 healthy people can easily sleep on it. I saw the clock and it was about to be 12 pm. It must be probably the medicine which made me sleep so much.

I didn't see Charlotte around. So, I decided to get up from the bed and take a look around by myself. I got up from the bed and looked myself in the mirror.

 I got up from the bed and looked myself in the mirror

I was in white tees and blue shorts. I don't remember wearing this. I was in pink shirt and black toreador pant. Charlotte must have changed them so that I can sleep comfortably. So sweet of her. I said to myself and a smile came on my face.

I went to the bathroom, peed, sprinkled some water on my face and came back. I was feeling hungry so, I decided to move out of the room. I opened the door and saw that I was on first floor. She lifted me till this. I said to myself and felt proud of my wife's strength.

I looked around the place and it was very big. I saw Charlotte sitting on the sofa and reading a magazine. I took the stairs and thought of surprising my wife from behind. I walked slowly without making any noise and closed her eyes from behind and said, "Guess who?"

"Come on Veronica! I know it is you. Don't act like a child. You are a grown up and married!" She said and pulled me to her front. I kissed on her cheeks and expected the same from her, but didn't receive. "How's your headache?" she asked. "It's gone." I answered while sitting down.

A helper came from somewhere, smiled to me and gave me glass of juice. God knows I am hungry. I took the glass and started drinking it. "What is this place, Charlotte? Is this your house?" I asked her. "Not technically, but yes. It is" She answered. I was confused by her answer.

I was about to get details when I heard someone, "Hi Veronica." It was the most beautiful voice I have heard in my entire life. I looked in front of me and saw the most beautiful women, even beautiful than Charlotte. To be honest, she is the epitome of beauty. She was sitting on the sofa. I didn't even notice someone coming and sitting in front of us. She had a beautiful smile on her face. I was feeling tremendous after seeing it. She was truly mesmerizing. But why I am getting such thoughts? I am married for God's sake and my wife is sitting next to me.

 But why I am getting such thoughts? I am married for God's sake and my wife is sitting next to me

I came out of my thoughts when Charlotte closed my wide-open mouth with her 2 fingers. I felt embarrassed about it. The girl looked around Charlotte's age. She might be a model as she looks beautiful. She moved her right hand forward to shake with me. "Hello Veronica!" The girl said. I said hello and shook my hand with her. Her skin felt so soft.

"I am sorry. You know me, but I don't. May I get your name?" I said. The girl looked at Charlotte. I looked at Charlotte. She was scratching her head, For the first time I saw her nervous. Who is this girl that has made her nervous? I asked myself.

"Veronica, she is Emma. Emma Miller. The Crowned Princess and would be queen of Benetton." Said Charlotte. As soon as I heard Princess, I stood up and bowed to her. "Hello, your grace. I am sorry I was not aware about you. Please forgive me for such an appearance." I said. I was embarrassed of myself, for what I was wearing. She had a smile on her face and she said, "It's fine, no need to be sorry Veronica. Please sit"

I was about to sit when Charlotte spoke, "Also, she is my first wife." What. Did I hear first wife? I looked at my wife and she was serious and embarrassed. It means it is true. I can't believe it. I felt dizzy, lost my balance and fell on the floor. For next few minutes I don't know what happened to me. I was sitting on the sofa with Charlotte and Emma around me along with few maids and a doctor who was checking me. They all were saying something, which obviously I didn't hear. As soon as the doctor finished checking me, I shrugged off everyone, jumped from my place and ran to the room and closed the door. They also ran after me and started pounding the door. I started crying as it was the biggest surprise for me that my wife is already married to someone and that too a royal. Were there anymore surprises?

Charlotte's POV

I had just started getting to know about Veronica and suddenly dad said that we have to move. I wanted to tell Veronica about everything, but I went in the flow with her and didn't get chance. In the morning I thought I would tell her everything, but she had a head-ache and she slept. She was in deep sleep during the flight because of the medicine. We landed in Benetton directly at the palace as it has a big helipad at around 6.30 a.m. according to Supernova standard time, but it was 7.30 a.m. in Benetton as it is 1 hour ahead of Supernova.

The staff of the palace carried Veronica and placed her in a bedroom along with our bags. I went in another room and slept for an hour. I woke up around 8 a.m. by the wet kisses of Emma. As soon as I saw her, I got up and hugged her tightly. We have been meeting after a very long time and had missed each other. I even had tears in my eyes, which she wiped.

She wanted me to get ready and have breakfast, but I wanted her to lie down beside me and look at her. We caressed each other and kissed. After that she got a call and she went to receive it. I  got up from the bed and went to get fresh. I got a warm bath and put on my clothes.

 I got a warm bath and put on my clothes

It was around 10 a.m. when I got out of the room. I checked on Veronica and she was still sleeping and I was hungry. I went to the dining room to have breakfast. I ate the breakfast alone as Emma had a meeting.

I was sitting on the sofa when Veronica came from behind. She drank the juice. After few minutes, Emma came and I saw Veronica's mouth wide open. I had to close it. When I told her that she is my wife she was in shock. She felt dizzy, lost her balance and fell down. I got worried and looked at Emma. Emma immediately called few of her maids and her in-house doctor.

The doctor checked her and told that she is fine and I felt relieved. As soon as the doctor went, she jumped from her seat and ran towards her room and I ran behind her. I felt bad for her and was ashamed of myself. I was afraid that she might do something wrong with herself. I kept pounding her door, but she didn't open her door. Emma came towards me, "Calm down honey! It is not easy for her. Give her some time, she will open the door." Emma said and hugged me and took me downstairs.