Epigraph

"Your old jacket, the one you gave me,
Well the zipper broke last week.
And the sleeves are torn apart,
It's grown too tight, it don't fit how it did in the start

Metaphors for a broken heart
How the ocean rages and pulls us apart
Smiles for the tattered soul
How the angels play their role."

-Aviendha Goodrich

****

"Let's break up" She stated.

It took her just three words to tear his simple world.

In this vast world, two different words exist - "LOVE" and "BETRAYAL". Though, those words have separate meanings as well as different aspects.When one symbolizes felicity, another one denotes annihilation.

But when these two different words with opposite essence are put in one sentence, the definition comes out to have strange exterior which happens to be a cycle of Love-Betrayal.

[ Prologue ]

After paying the bill, she quickly put on her sunglasses and turned to walk away from there. Meanwhile, she failed to notice the figure just standing behind her. As she turned around to make a move, she bumped into a solid chest. She yelped a curse under her breath when she lost her balance tripping on her own feet. To her luck,before she could completely fall on the ground, a pair of arms grabbed her waist preventing her to hit the ground. When she realized that she hadn't felt the impact and she was completely safe, she released some air in relief. However her relief was short lived as she felt the familiar colonge hitting her nostrils and the familiar touch spreading warmth all over her body. She looked up to find the familiar pair of hazel eyes staring intensely in her direction. She gasped in shock and her eyes widened to see him almost after 4 years. She unknowingly clutched onto his coat around his neck tightly.

"Raghav" Her breathy whisper came out to be almost inaudible.

"Ishita" He whispered just like her, his eyes scrutinising her as if taking in her every details.

Hearing his same husky voice, she immediately composed herself, reality crashing on her like a wave of sea. She pulled away and stood up straightening herself. He too stood in his all glory, his both hands tugging into his pockets. An awkward atmosphere settled between them as they went back to previous days again. Inhaling a sharp instake of air, he forwarded his hand to her.

"Hi, Mrs. Choudhary"

She flinched at his words when he called her "Mrs". A strong pang of hurt crossed on her heart. She knew that after all ,it was she who had ended the things between them. She did not have right to feel hurt by his words. Shaking her head swiftly and trying to ease out the thick silence between them, she too accepted his handshake and offered him a small smile.

"Hi, Mr.Anand. It's nice to meet you. And if you don't mind, I am not Mrs. Choudhary. It's Ms. Sinha only." She replied, her voice devoid of any emotion.

~~~~

| Note |

Well, firstly thank you for selecting this story to read. This story is going to be a bit emotional compared to my other works. Before you begin to read the story, I want to let you know that this story is a short story with a few chapters. This story is more of a reality checkup rather than a cute love story. I also want to inform that I have got my inspiration from one of a sadistic events from a newspaper. Nonetheless, let me tell you that it doesn't indicate that my story and the real event are equal. I will write this story in my own way with different plot. Just the moral and essence of my story and the real event are same.

Besides,the charecters of this story are going to be flawed and they will make mistakes. Sometimes, their actions and decisions can absolutely make you insane. But I can assure that they will be bearable enough. Give a chance to this book. I will take you in whirlwind of emotions.

All the charecters and the entire plot are entirely fictional. Any resembles to real world is completely coincidental.This story is authentically my creation. Therefore, don't try to copy my story.

Honestly, I suck at writing emotional scenes still now. So I am apologizing in advance for my poor writing skills and any kind of grammatical mistakes.

The updates will be slower as you already know how much pressure I have as a student. So kindly refrain yourself from doing any hate comment about my irregularity or me and cooperate with me.

Happy Reading :)

Cover made by thesoulfulbeams

****

Raghav Anand

Raghav Anand

Ishita Sinha