1

It was James' turn to pick a name out. Many girls were leaning on the edge of their seats, yet James was incredibly anxious. Apparently, the girls had put a spell on the jar so that they had to stay close together or it would bring them physical pain. They did this because they were bored. Let's just say they learned not to mess with girls that day.

James took a deep breath and pulled out a name. If it was Sirius that would be okay, they didn't need to do anything. If it was Remus that would be a bit awkward seeing as Sirius is incredibly protective over him at times. If it was Lily, James would refuse seeing as she had already made it perfectly clear she didn't want that. If it was Peter, he didn't know what he would do.

Wait, what if he got Marlene? Everyone knows she's a lesbian so how would James figure out a way to get out of it?

James unfolded the paper.

"Well, f***."

He looked over at the name on his paper. They were taking shots with Pandora and laughing at Barty's flirtatious behaviour. He couldn't date Sirius' brother! What would Sirius say? What would Regulus say?

Lily had glanced at his paper and whispered, "You need to tell them by the end of tonight."

James nodded mutely and went to sit back down. How was he going to tell Sirius? He glanced back at Regulus.

He was wearing a fishnet top and loose, low-waisted jeans. Everyone knows about Regulus' disowning but not many realised how much happier he looked. He smiled more, he wore what he want, he did his hair and makeup, he looked like he was finally living.

"Sirius, I have to date your brother."

"What?!" Sirius screeched.

"His name was on the paper."

Before Sirius could start shouting, Remus came over and sat on his lap.

"We're dating now."

James saw the blush on Sirius' face, the way he seemed happy yet anxious at the thought. James ran before Sirius remembered why he was mad.

Good a time as any to tell Regulus.

James tapped his shoulder and held out the piece of paper. Regulus frowned before accepting it and upon seeing his name, he groaned and threw his head back.

F***ing hell, that was hot.

Oh s***. Oh no. Not again. He could not fall for Sirius' brother. He could not fall for Regulus. That's, like, illegal!

"Fine, Potter."

Calm the f*** down!

"Just thought you should know."

Of course he should f***ing know!

"I'll see you around then."

F***ing obviously, you hot s***!

"Mmhm."

James left quickly after. He didn't fail to notice that Regulus acted as if nothing had happened. He still threw his drink at Barty when it looked like he was about to f*** Evan right then and there. He still grinned at Evan when Barty's name appeared on the paper. He still ran away from Pandora as she chucked things at him. He still teased Dorcas about getting a date with Marlene.

How could he sit there and laugh and look so beautiful?

James came to the sudden realisation that he would have to spend time with the Slytherin group. He was now dating Regulus and Dorcas was dating Marlene.

James went to bed that night and couldn't get the laughing boy out of his head.

He was f***ed.