𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴

C E L A I L a C R O I X

Celai blinks awake at the sun bleeding through her blinds and upon remembering last night, she turns, hoping to have beaten Julian awake. She isn't disappointed, but more confused to see that the pullout mattress is tucked under her bed and he is nowhere in her room.

Celai turns back around, wanting to go back to sleep, but she sits up, thanks God for another day, and takes her phone off the charger. It lights up and she reads the text left by Julian: 'Brb' it simply says, a waffle emoji following it.

She chuckles to herself at his antics before tossing her phone on her pillow and getting up from her bed. She tends to her hygiene needs and then grabs her newest devotional book. She's been praying that today's page would have some correlation with her money situation, but it doesn't. Though, it still holds valuable information.

𝘛𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺'𝘴 𝘝𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦: 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘴 𝟦:𝟤𝟥  (𝘒𝘑𝘝)
"𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦; 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦."

𝘉𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 (𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘎𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥) 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥. 𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴.

𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘴 𝟦:𝟤𝟨 𝘕𝘐𝘝 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘴, "𝘎𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴."

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘵, 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦?

After finishing the day's devotional, she goes downstairs. Kassima and Brian are fixing themselves coffee, chatting quietly to each other. "Morning," Celai cheerfully says.

She gets lazy responses back with Brian nodding his head and Kassima only looking at her, showing she acknowledged her. Celai sits at the island counter. "Everything alright?" she asks.

Kassima exhales hard and sets her mug down. "I'm gonna ask you something and I want you to be completely honest."

Celai shrugs nonchalantly. "Okay."