𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

J U L I A N   W E S T B R O O K

Julian's grin grows wider watching Celai through his phone. "I mean, small dogs are my thing because the last time I was around a big dog, it started humping my leg," she says as she goes over her hair with a flat iron. "But if you want to get a Rottweiler, go ahead."

"A Rottweiler would be the goal, but it's whatever they have at the shelter, preferably a big dog."

"A big dog would fit you. When are you tryna go to the shelter?"

Julian starts filling up his water bottle, a part of his preparation to go to the gym. "No time soon; I gotta think about it more."

"Oh, well I'm down to go with you if you decide to go... what's that sound? Are you peeing?"

He laughs. "I've FaceTimed you enough times for you to know I'm not in my bathroom." He holds up his water bottle to the camera. "So to answer your question, yes I was peeing."

Celai rolls her eyes at his sarcasm. "You're annoying. And whenever I see that bottle, I know you're about to go to the gym, which is also annoying cus how come every time I call you, you're going to the gym?"

"Because I go just about every day, love. You should join me one day. Maybe you won't be so compelled to hang up on me when I mention it."

"Well, Jules, I don't need a gym, I like the way my body looks."

Julian nearly chokes when he hears his nickname flow perfectly from Celai's mouth. It takes everything in him not to ask her to repeat herself.

"I like the way your body looks too," Julian ends up saying, making Celai stop what she's doing. "But that doesn't mean you're necessarily fit. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you."

"Whatever. I'm chillin. I'll go to a gym when my bad eating habits catch up to me. I managed to miss it in college, I think I'm straight."

"We'll see." He picks up his phone and grabs his gym bag. "I'll let you go though, since I know you got this mancave to do."

"I still have an hour," Celai says, her face turning concerned for Julian to leave. He thinks it's cute.

"I thought you had to leave at six because your client's home is forty-five minutes away?" he says.

"Yeah, that's right."

"It's six now."

Celai grabs her phone in a panic. "Already?!"

"Time flies when you're having fun, huh?" Julian laughs.

"Stop laughing! God, help me make it to these people's house on time, I can't afford to be late... literally."

"You'll make it," Julian reassures as he walks out his front door.

"I gotta go. Can you call me tonight? Around ten? I have something I want to show you."

Julian looks up at the older woman he lives across from, Ms. Valentine, giving him the stink eye from Celai's choice of words.