chapter 8

★・。'CHAPTER EIGHT
Kandake

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Candace, it's nice to meet you, y/n." the azure-haired lady greeted, giving me a warm smile.

i waved back, taking my hand off my now exposed wound.

her jaw dropped, coming closer and observing the red cut.

"dear, why didn't you tell me you were injured? i have some wound dressing somewhere around here..."

cyno pointed to a small table with four seats.

"let's seat ourselves down. after all, we do need to talk about lots of things, yes?"

i nodded and we both sat down opposite each other.

we just stared at each other for a few moments.

awkward...

want me to take control and say something?

NO.

jeez, calm it. i was kidding.

"how did you get possessed?"

?!

"long story. are you willing to hear it all?"

"of course. i'm genuinely interested. after all, it's not everyday when you get possessed by a god."

must be your biggest flex

shut up

"basically, my friend oshin and i went to these ruins in the desert. we've been adventuring for many years together."

hold on...

tomorrow is our fifth year anniversary adventuring together. i almost forget.

hahaaaaa too bad you cant celebrate with him.

not funny.

"something wrong?" cyno asked, a tint of concern audible in his voice.

"oh um. tomorrow is actually oshin and I's fifth year of adventuring."

cyno hummed, "then, where is oshin?"

i opened my mouth, but no words came out.

suddenly, candace came rushing back with some wound dressing.

"sorry for the wait," she crouched down beside me, "don't move. i'll be very careful."

she concentrated on the cut, using some cloth to wipe away the blood, and then cautiously put on the wound dressing.

"there you go dear!" she smiled, "i'll be out. feel free to rest here if you wish."