chapter 1

playlist:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2y4yxxEBUBUqPuXIA5yMSn?si=0o2kqRFwRvGEopQMacgBpA

★・。'CHAPTER ONE
Curse of Israe

tw: blood
y/n - your name
w/p - weapon
v/s - vision

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"hey, Y/N, over here!"

i quickly turned my head and swiftly made my way over to Oshin.

"look at this," the silver-haired boy exclaimed, pointing to a strange picture carved into the wall of the ruins.

my eyes widened seeing the massive engraving displayed on the wall.

i gasped, "it's massive."

"i wonder what it means?" Oshin speculated as he brushed his hand across the stone carving.

abruptly, the lines started to glow and radiate a crimson light.

i stepped back, confused.
"Oshin, what's going on?"

the wall before us started to crack.
"Oshin!" i yelled, grabbing his hand.

he seemed to be too mesmerised by the gleaming, scarlet light to notice the danger of the situation

the wall crumbled, and before us a tall being with vermillion, wavy hair and menacing eyes.

the being laughed hysterically, "my my, who are you two? i must say, you have my gratitude for setting me free."

she giggled to herself, "though, giving me the privilege of freedom was the worst mistake you could've ever made"

"w-who are you?" i questioned, taking a quick glance at oshin

the mysterious person's expression instantly changed. they looked angered

"who am i? how dare you." she roared "these mortals... the followers of Rukkhadevata are far too senseless."

"i am israe, the one who deserved to be the god of the desert. yet... rukkhadevata... she saw no worth in me. i was sealed here after causing terror in sumeru."

"greater lord rukkhadevata died in the archon war, now we have lesser lord kusanali," oshin replied, he seemed irritated.

"how dare you speak ill of our god. us mortals aren't dumb, this is the nation of knowledge, get your facts straight."

israe appeared to be fuming

"the disrespect... you will get what you deserve."

i grabbed oshin's hand, fearful about what would happen next.

"oshin, its not safe here, we need to get out." i yelled, summoning my w/p and putting a protective v/s shield around us both.

however the god shattered the shield with one powerful punch

my grip around oshin's hand tightened

"you... oshin. you will pay the price."
israe boomed, shooting red light at the silver-haired boy

"NO!" i screamed, watching as oshin cried out in pain.

his magenta eyes flashed red for a moment, a strange red mark appearing on his forehead

tears formed in his eyes. the beam evaporated and i hugged oshin tightly, staring at the god in fear

"what did you do?? tell me!" i demanded. both fury and terror rushed through my veins at the same time

the god just snickered, "why, i cursed him of course."

my heart skipped a beat. "cursed?"

israe scoffed, "yes, cursed, are you deaf or something? did you get that in your little mortal peabrain?"

"because im feeling nice, and you freed me from my imprisonment, i'll give you 3 years to find a way to break the curse. when time surpasses 3 years, i will make your friend go through hell and back."

oshin coughed out some warm, sticky blood. "please... please tell me. what will this curse do to me?"

"you'll find out soon enough. now leave my ruins before i change my mind and destroy you right here right now."

i grabbed oshin's arm and rushed out of the ruins, countless thoughts running through my mind at once

who was that god?

what will happen to oshin?

is oshin okay right now?

how do i break the curse?

what are the curses' side effects?

finally, oshin and i reached the outside world. yet, we werent free just yet, what surrounded us were mountains and mountains of sand.

i checked my pockets for a map, yet all i found were ashes.

"that god burnt my map!" i snarled. i ran to what seemed to be an abandoned camp, and sat myself and oshin down.

"oshin?" i said "how are you feeling?"

oshin looked to be in so much pain, "everything hurts... i feel like... i feel like theres someone else in my body. i can hear someone else talking in my mind"

oshin engulfed me in a tight hug, "im scared, y/n. what if i die?"

salty tears ran down his red cheeks and his cries became louder and louder

"curse you, israe" i muttered.

i will make sure that oshin will be freed of your wicked curse. your an absolutely sick person.

i'll make sure to get rid of you, too.