chapter 4

★・。'CHAPTER FOUR
Unfortunate Encounter

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

mondstadt was such a bright and welcoming place to be.

even though i had to go back to sumeru for oshin, i still wish i could spent more time here.

everyone was so much nicer than the locals in sumeru, the food is delectable, and also the aesthetics of the city are very unique.

if only my dearest friend was well enough to come with me on this journey.

"excuse me ma'am, here's your order!"
the kind lady who ran good hunter in monstadt handed me a plate of fisherman's toast.

i had almost forgotten that i was dining at good hunter before i was going to leave.

"ah, thank you. have a good day."

"you too, ma'am!"

the dish before me looked so appetising that i almost drooled all over it.

you're getting too excited, y/n. you're in public!!!

i immediately dug in, embracing every ounce of flavour.

as i was about to finish my meal, i saw amber in the distance and waved to her.

she came rushing over with joy.

a comforting smile spread across her face, "oh hi there y/n! how are ya? you seem to be enjoying mondstadt."

i nodded, "yeah! i wish i could stay here but i have a sick friend at home i need to take care of."

amber's grin faded.

"oh... i'm sorry, i hope they get better."

"thanks. i'll pass on your message. and also your letter for collei."

"ah yes collei! how has she been recently?"

"hm, she's really close to becoming an official forest ranger. i see tighnari's trust for her safety is growing."

"that's great to hear! please, come back to mondstadt one day with your friend when they're better."

"i'll try. i guess this is it until i see you again?"

"mhm! i'll miss you. farewell, y/n!"

"bye. take care."

i rose from my seat and waved amber goodbye. it was time to continue my journey.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

as i entered liyue, i decided it would be best to pick some flowers for oshin.

oshin always had an obsession with anything related to flowers, plants, etc.

no wonder they have a dendro vision.

i saw a humongous cluster of violetgrass on a small rock.

oshin will love these!

i rushed over to pick them, but just as i was about to take them...

"ooooo, who do we have here?" a familiar voice cooed, and I hastily turned to face the sound.

my heart immediately stopped beating, and my eyes widened. fear had paralysed me.

"no... no why are you here?" i mumbled, my bottom lip quivering.

israe chuckled to herself, "oh? remember me? good. it's been a few years, hasn't it?"

i stumbled backwards as the god inched closer to me.

"heh, and you're still as scared as ever. grow up, i have no bad intentions against you. yet.."

"what do you want?"

"well, i have a friendly reminder for you."

"... what?"

"you only have a month left to break your friends' curse before i completely possess him and kill him."

my jaw dropped.

"time's... time's running out already?"

"yes. better get searchin', i'm not going to wait any longer. my patience is thinning."

i felt a mix of rage and dread at the same time.

"please... please give me something... something like a hint, or-"

"let's make a deal, shall we mortal?"

"anything. anything to get rid of oshin's pain, please..."

"mhm. how about you take 50% of oshin's curse and pain."

...

take 50% of oshin's pain... that would make it less painful for him.

but do i really want to be put through that much pain?

i took a few moments to ponder about my decision.

"i guess that's a no then, goodbye!"

"no wait! i'll do it."

the god started to laugh hysterically. "goooood. i'll do it now. stay still."

instantaneously, a red beam of light had enveloped me.

i felt something lurking in my head, i felt intense burning on my forehead, and my body ached more then it ever did before

my eyes turned bloodshot red, and tears started to form.

before i knew it, i was screaming out in pain.

is this really what oshin had to go through?

"alright, done. good luck breaking my curse, hehe."

and before i knew it, the god had vanished.

every single movement i made was absolutely tortuous. so much so that my vision had gone blurry.

my head felt heavy, and i started seeing stars. before i knew it my eyes rolled back... everything went black.