004

The Choi party is going smoothly, party guests drinking expensive champagne or wine, some holding plates or napkins while they ate their food. Some slip through the grapevine and hear about the unconfirmed marriage, expressing their jealousy that it isn't their daughter or niece getting married off to such a handsome fellow.

All of them oblivious to the meeting of five crowding in a small office room in awkward silence.

Well, it isn't a small room but with the five of them gathered around letting the silence fill the air and the alcohol from the smashed glass soaking into the rug it feels small. It is all too much for him with the three pairs of wide eyes on him. Even Taehyun is quiet and in Beomgyu's experience, it's hard to get him to shut up.

This has to be a joke... his parents are in utter disbelief, mouths moving like they want to say something but can't figure out what.

Would it be supportive or horrified? Beomgyu thinks the latter based on their initial reactions.

Beomgyu glances at Yeonjun, chest squeezing in pain, knowing his family could choose to disown him because he is with a boy as far as they know. And that boy is Yeonjun.

Despite the pain in his chest, it also calms him to see not an ounce of nervousness on his face, his eyebrows are furrowed the tiniest bit and his lips pursed. He looks ready to take on anyone who disapproves of them.

He's made his remark, it's their turn now and there's only one correct option.

Beomgyu's dad rolls his lips and sighs heavily, placing his hands on his hips, eyes on the floor.

"How long?" He scratches his head, trying to stay calm by the looks of it.

"One year, sir." Yeonjun takes the lead, although showing respect, you can hear the aggravation in his voice.

"When did you first..." he trails off, index finger flicking from one to the other. "Make it official?"

"April. We met at a dance event; he approached me to tell me how much he admired my dancing. A conversation started and it flowed easily..." Yeonjun glances at Beomgyu, showing as much love in his eyes as he can and smiling warmly. "It was like talking to a friend you'd known for years." Beomgyu smiles softly back at him, a little weakened by the fact he's terrified at the idea of what will happen to him. Soothed by Yeonjun's bigger hand squeezing his.

"We were together by mid-April and while it was impulsive and a bit out of character for Beomgyu–" He has no idea if that's true but from the argument he could hear while standing outside the door it, Beomgyu sounds to make little decisions for himself without advice from his family. Ones that will affect them too at least. "It was the best impulsive decision I know I've ever made."

Beomgyu's dad shakes his head, eyebrows furrowing. Things don't add up to him, so many questions left unanswered.

"That makes no sense... Beomgyu's never been a fan of dancing."

Yeonjun shrugs, internally rolling his eyes.

How hard is it to accept that your son is in a relationship and doesn't want an arranged marriage? Why does he have to provide evidence for their relation, while it is fake, they should have no reason to question it as that shouldn't be a suspicion.

"That's right," Yeonjun nods in agreement. "But Beomgyu's been living alone for a while now and eventually it gets tiring... I guess he just decided to try something new and came to one of our events. He loves dancing now, he's actually quite good at it too."

Another lie.

Beomgyu almost winces, great thought Yeonjun! He thinks sarcastically. What if he's expected to show his 'dancing skills' at some point? All he's got locked and loaded when it comes to dancing is the fucking whip and nae-nae.