𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Fighting

"You're training style is harsher than his." I stated simply, pointing at my mate, who was sulking. Cassian laughed at that, nodding his head as we began to go back and forth once more, our swords clashing against each other in a quick flurry at movements. "But you act too fast. Don't think ahead. It's good if you're going up against Illyrians, not so good going up against Darkbringers. We think ahead."

"I forgot how rude you could be." Cassian hummed. "I distinctly remember you commenting on my lack of wingspan."

"It's small."

"It's bigger than average."

"Not bigger than Azriel's." I shrugged causing Cassian to laugh once more as we went back and forth for a few minutes. Azriel had disappeared, still sulking about not being able to fight, leaving just the pair of us. I went high, before dropping all of my weight to the floor and taking Cassian's legs out so that I could pin him. "Good, good."

"I haven't seen that move before." Cassian groaned, winded, as I stood back upright. "Where did you learn it?"

"Hewn." I stabbed the practice sword into the dirt, before grabbing the water bottle. "It's a common type of move, trickery. You aim for a feint, and then you either fling your entire body weight at someone, or drop your entire bodyweight onto someone."

"Oh, similar to the technique of feint one way, jab somewhere else."

"Yes, except we only use this one if it's at the end of the match. You're looking to wind the opponent and then kill." I explained, before stretching. "If you don't get it right though, you'll most likely be ending up dead."

"I think that seems to be most of the strategies. If you don't get it right, you'll end up dead."

"You learn to get it right with that threat hanging over you." I shrugged, leaning forward until my chest was flat against the floor. Cassian hissed, as I looked up at him. "What?"

"Those scars. They're from having your wings cut, aren't they?"

"Who told you?"

"No one." Cassian shook his head, stretching next to me. "You forget, I'm the commander of the Illyrian army. I've seen a lot of stuff, attempted to put a stop to a lot of it as well. I know what a cut wing looks like."

"It was a long time ago." I sat upright, scratching at them. "You don't miss them as much after 500 years."

Cassian's own wings shuddered, and I strived to break the tension.

"They were still bigger than yours."

"Bullshit."

"Truth." I shot back, as Cassian's face twisted into a scowl. "Ask Rhysand, they were the same size as his when we were young. If I'd grown with them, they'd have been the same size as his."