Lieore part 2

The young woman recognized you were there, and turned around. She smiled warmly "Welcome, strangers... Are you interested in the church of Leto?" You turned away slightly "I'm an atheist. Not religious." Ed and Al both nodded their heads. The young woman replied "That's not a real answer. If you believe in God, you can live with hope and gratitude every day. It's simply wonderful!" You scoffed slightly, and she looked over at you, a glint in her eye. She first pointed to Ed "If you have faith... You'll grow taller for sure!" You saw the death glare in his eyes, and knew if she said another word wrong, Ed would tear her limb from limb without question. She then turned to you. "And.. Maybe you'll look more like a woman!" You clenched your teeth. "What. Was. That?!!" She simply smiled. You knew there was no way to get this stupid idea out of her head. Ed sat down on one of the many benches saying "Sheesh, how can you honestly believe these things? Do you really believe that if you pray to some god the dead will come back to life?" The woman closed her eyes. "Yes... I do." All three of you sighed, and Ed pulled out a small, leather bound book. He read off "Water, 35 liters. Carbon, 20 kilograms. Ammonia, 4 liters. Lime 1.5 kilograms. Phosphorus, 800 grams. Salt, 250 grams. Saltpeter, 100 grams, sulfur, 80 grams. Fluorine, 7.5 grams. Iron, 5 grams. Silicon, 3 grams, and other elements in small quantities." The woman looked puzzled. "What...?" You decided to explain, Alphonse helping you. "It's the total chemical makeup of the average adult body." Al said. You finished. "Modern science knows all this, but there's never been a single example of a successful human transmutation." The woman's eyes widened in slight fear. You knew she wouldn't believe you no matter what you said. You ended this less than friendly visit a few minutes later after cockily telling the myth about the hero who made the wings of wax. Later, you went to a little meeting where 'Father Cornello' was giving the people a 'miracle.' He transformed a flower petal into a huge sunflower doodab. You three figures it had to be a Philosopher's stone, there was no other way. Al could see everything just fine, Ed was standing on top of his suitcase, and you climbed atop Al's shoulders just to be able to see. The woman from before, Rosé was listening into your conversation. After totally failing to explain the laws of alchemy to her, you three decided it would be best to question 'his holiness' about the "ring" that was most likely the stone in person. A man in a long robe led you into a big room, apologizing that the father didn't have much time. Ed smirked and said he'd try to keep this meeting brief. The man, brother Cray slid a gun out of his robe. "Indeed, you will." Quick as a flash, he pointed the gun at Alphonse... No, inside Al's eyehole, and shot it. The helmet went spinning, and Rosé let out a scream. "Brother Cray! What are you—" "Rosé, they're trying to entrap his holiness. They are wicked beings." Rosé tried to argue, but the man just turned the gun on Ed. You Scrunched your eyes, and tried to not look worried as he almost pulled the trigger. Alphonse's body sprang up, however, and took the gun from Cray. In the moment's confusion, all three of you started knocking out the guards. Ed threw Al's head at one, hitting the mark. "Strike!" He cried in joy. "My head!!" Al yelled. Rosé looked at Al in fear "wh-wh-what is that?!" You looked over at Al and shrugged. "Nothing special." "It's exactly what it looks like." "B-b-but there's nothing inside.... It's empty!" Al said solemnly "You might say.. This is what happens when you trespass in god's domain... Me, (y/n), and brother.." "You too, (Y/n) and Ed...?" You scoffed "let's save that for another time, we have his phoniness to chase right now." You got to another room, and the doors creaked open. You saw the fat old baldy standing on a platform. "Did you come to hear me preach?" "Tch. As if. Come on, if anything explain to us why you're using alchemy to decisive your followers." "Hmm? Well.. I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Please don't confuse my miracles with alchemy. If you saw them yourselves you'd see..." Al interrupted " We did see them. And we think we figured it out. Maybe... That ring of yours...?" 

~Splitting Leore into 3 chapters!! /)_(\~

~~TheFmaFangirl~~