Chapter 6 - He Is Not A Toy

Ajinke's POV;

Adebiyi and I are in the throne room with both his parents and the Iya Oba. The king is giving Adebiyi different tips on how to be a proper King and the Queen and Iya Oba are also filling me on with tips on how to be a proper queen and a good wife. And now, I'm stuck somewhere between being confused and eager to learn more. I have so many questions but do not have the guts to ask them.

I have a feeling that they all planned this. To corner Adebiyi and me, and enroll us in these compulsory classes.

"And for my final tip today, learn to treat your wife well. The Crown that was given to you on your coronation day is just a feasible crown. It could get tarnished and easily destroyed.

In fact, when you're tired it would add to your stress by making your head feel heavy, and you would have to pull it off your head. But your wife? She is that crown that would always support you.

She's the crown that will stick by you for the rest of your life. And when you're tired she would be the one to comfort and nurse you back to strength. "The king says to Adebiyi and as Adebiyi looks up to steal a glance at me, I blush.

Two guards suddenly barge into the room and they instantly kneel before the royal family, and we turn to them in confusion.

"My King. Two maids discovered the body of a fellow maid in the maid's river this morning. "One of the guards says and everyone rises to their feet in shock.

"What? What happened? "Adebiyi questions in disbelief and the other guard replies.

"We have no idea, my King. She was stabbed in the chest multiple times, and according to the maids, she used to be a very quiet and gentle young lady.

She never bothered anyone and seemed to have no enemies. "The other guard applies and the room falls silent.

Suddenly all sounds vanish from my ears and I am taken back into the nightmare I had the night before. I see people running, screaming, and crying. There is chaos and trouble around but I can not detect the cause of this commotion.

Out of the troubled crowd in front of me, Yemoja suddenly walks up to me.

"Brace yourself a bloodbath is coming. "She says to me and my heart falls. I suddenly step out of the trans I was in and come back to the room.

I then hear Adebiyi speak again.
"Clearly they were wrong. She must have had a misunderstanding with someone. Whatever it is, we need to get to the bottom of it.

Everyone in this palace ought to be assured of utmost security. Someone can not just die like that without us getting to the root of it.

Go and investigate. I must know the cause of her death as soon as possible... "Adebiyi then orders

"Yes, my King. "Both guards reply and with that, they leave the room.

"Who could have killed her? "The Iya Oba questions and King Adelaja shrugs.

"She must have argued with someone. Don't worry. The guards will get to the bottom of it. "He replies but somewhere deep down in my heart I know that that is not what happened. I keep having these visions.

And I know that a bloodbath is indeed coming. In fact, it's already here... It has come.

******************************

Ronke's POV;

I wake with a long stretch and a yawn, and sit up, as I enjoy the warm feeling of the early morning sun on my skin, with my eyes still closed.

I have only spent about half a day here, but I like it. For one, I like how elaborate the place is. King Jagunmolu's kingdoms are so rich, that even the palace's maid quarter is grand. Every maid has her own room. Even I who just got here yesterday, have my own small bed, room, and water pot too.

"Dear goddess, I thank you for making me see yet another day. I commit today into your pure hands. Let your will be done in my life, and help me fulfill the purpose you sent me here to. "I pray silently and stretch once more, and as I open my eyes for the first time today, a scream of fright escapes me, and I almost jump off my bed in fear.

Right in front of me, with her hands crossed in front of her and under her midium-sized breasts, is a dark young lady. A lady as dark as night, scantily dressed with an extremely short wrapper around her waist, and the wrapper on her chest, wrapped firmly around her breasts.

She has a commendably slender waist, and her golden brown eyes pop out of the thick ebony of her pretty face.

"Who are you, and... And what are you doing here? "I manage to question as she stares scrutinizingly at me with her bright brown eyes.

"Good morning to you, too. "She replies with a sassy attitude, and I simply stare in silence as I relax a bit.

"My name is Kunbi. And I came here for one simple reason. I heard you are a new maid that the king for some reason brought to our kingdom from Akomojo. "She begins, and I remain silent. Wondering where this is going.

"I just came here to tell you that king Jagunmolu is not some cheap thing that you should cast your eyes on. Do the work you were brought here to do, and stay away from the king.

He is mine, and mine alone. I am the head of the maids here, and if you give me any trouble, I will not hesitate to have you thrown out! "She then adds, and I raise a brow at her, At the same time a smile splits my face.

I remember the first time Ajinke came to the palace. I did the exact same thing to her. Is this how ridiculous and silly I looked and sounded??

"I'm talking to you, and you're smiling! What exactly is the laughing matter in what I just said?? Look, I'm not joking. Stay away from the king. "She then adds sternly, and to help her get rid of the angry vein popping up on her forehead, I make myself kind enough to drop the smile on my face.

"King Jagunmolu is off limits. *Shoro mi ye e!? "She then adds, and I can't help but smile again as I see the person I was a few months ago, in the young lady standing in front of me.

*Shoro mi ye e!? = Do you understand my words!?

"*Shoti se tan? Mo fe lo we. "I simply reply, and I watch her eyes pop.

*Shoti se tan? Mo fe lo we. = Are you done? I want to go and have my bath.

She stares at me sternly for a few seconds and then speaks.

"A word is enough for the wise. "She says as she turns around and makes to walk out of the room, and I smile.

"Your confidence is commendable. But also gullible. "I say, and she freezes in her tracks before turning around in slow motion to look at me.

"You came in here to challenge me without knowing a thing about who I am. What sort of gullible move is that? "I add, and she stares at me in silence, with shock written all over his face.

"King Jagunmolu is not a toy, nor a child. He will do whatever he wants, irrespective of our wants or thoughts. So, if you've said all that you came in here to say, I kindly ask you to leave my room now. I have a whole day ahead of me. I need to get ready. "I continue with the most sincere smile I can muster, and after a few seconds of staring at me, she finally turns around on her heels, and marches out of my room.

Leaving me with a grand, amused smile.