Chapter 5 - A Vision

Ronke's POV;

After traveling the whole night, king Jagunmolu and I finally arrived at Olakunle. I felt appalled when Ajinke asked me to follow him back to his home, but then again, I need and want a new beginning. A fresh start.
Yes, I have been forgiven for all my crimes, but that doesn't mean that I don't want a clean start. I want to start afresh and leave my evil past behind me.

As the king and I travel down to the palace, I stare out of the carriage, down at the ladies of the kingdom. They are all pretty and are quite different from Akomojo girls.

They aren't just different because of their dressings, but by their structures too. Akomojo girls are more endowed than they are.

And I think these ladies try as best as they can to make up for this by dressing up as alluringly as possible. The way they wear their breast tube is different from ours.

They wrap each breast in a piece of cloth coming from behind, cupping each breast,  crossing in front, and tied behind their necks. And heavens...  their skirts are very short. Really short!

"Do you think you'd be comfortable here? "The king suddenly questions from beside me, and I gulp as I turn to him.

For some reason, he insisted that we both ride in his carriage, and I'm worried about what his people would think when they see me get down from his carriage with him.

Why did he even make me do such a thing?

"I don't have an option, king. "I reply. Looking away from his bright brown eyes, and silence falls upon us, while I shut my eyes. I haven't slept properly all night. I feel exhausted and tired...

I need to sleep but I can't sleep through the journey, nor sleep right next to a king. I don't even know why he brought me here. All he told me is that Akomojo would always be my home, but he wants me to see Olakunle as my home too.

What does he want with me? And why is he being so... Like this...

I know Ajinke has forgiven me, so this is definitely not a ploy by her and the king to get rid of me. But, if it's not that, what then is this?

***********

Ajinke's POV;

Blood...
Screams...
Wails...
People running and screaming...
Chaos...

I scream out of my sleep as my dream was tormented by all these things. Hence turning it into a nightmare, and as I jolt back to earth, Adebiyi wakes up beside me in fright.

"Ajinke? What is it? "He questions in panic, and I swallow hard as tears instantly form in my eyes.

This has happened before. It's not a dream...

"I... I had another vision... "I reply in panic as Adebiyi holds me, and he falls silent for a second.

"What was it about? "He questions and I look into his beautiful, worried face that is now lit by the moonlight that has filled the room, and I reply.

"Trouble... "Is all I can say, and my tears start to pour. He falls silent for a while and hugs me to himself.

We both know that I have the gift of visions. The past few months of our lives proved it. And my visions are not always about good things. And worse, is the fact that they always come true.

I don't know what to do... Just like the visions I saw when Asake's life was in danger, this one is also just as troubling, and not clear at all.

"Adebiyi, I'm worried... "I confess as I tighten my grip around him, and he hugs me tightly too.

"I know. And I'm also worried... But we'd be fine. "He replies, and I gulp and shut my eyes as I once again remember Yemoja's words.

"Brace yourself. A bloodbath is coming... "
Dear, goddess, please help us. We've been through enough, don't make us go through any more torture.

*******
Third Person's Narrative;

"My sister, if you see the way he touched me! "Tomiwa says dreamily to her friend Seyifunmi as they walk towards the palace stream to fetch water for their daily chores.

"God, he made me feel like a woman! And the way he sucked my breasts! Sacred goddess! I could see the faces of my ancestors. He took me up to heaven and brought me back down to earth. "Tomiwa continues, and Seyifunmi just stares in awe as she walks beside her dear friend.

"Are you for real? Is he truly that good? Goddess! I'm quite envious..."Seyifunmi replies with a watering mouth as she balances her clay pot on her hip.

"You've not even heard anything. "Tomiwa replies with eyes gleaming in excitement and glee as she stares at her friend.

"Yesternight was a night of a thousand stars for me. If you see what is between his legs! Ah! The goodness took her time creating it. It's a weapon of mass destruction.

When pushed it inside me, Seyi! I felt my soul lift out of my body! "Tomiwa continues as they approach the stream.

"Hmmm. Goodness, you're making me wish I was not a virgin. I want to feel all these things. For a man to hold and caress me. "Seyi replies disappointedly as they eventually get to the stream, and as Tomiwa deeps her bare legs into the stream's cool water, and enjoys the feel of its smooth feeble under her feet, she smiles.

"I honestly don't know what you're keeping your virginity for. A lot of girls in this village are no longer virgins. No one would know, and nobody cares. Just have fun and see what you've been missing out on.

Besides, I know quite a number of handsome guards that want you. I just don't understand why you're carrying your virginity on your head like you wouldn't eventually lose it. "She replies to her friend as she bends down to fetch water from the clean stream. 

But as she stands up, she freezes and the pot in her hands drops and crashes on the pebbles under the water. Causing the pot to shatter into many pieces.

A little distance away from them in the water, is the body of a fellow maid, floating in the water, with the water around the body red with blood. She is still wearing the uniform the palace maids wore the previous day, and she isn't moving at all.

As her ebony body faces the bright morning sun with no movements. It becomes clear that life has been stolen from her body.

"Is that... "Seyi begins in horror, but before she can finish, Tomiwa pushes past her in horror and begins to run back to the maid quarters screaming in fear and panic, and Seyi follows suit. Running as fast as her little legs can carry her while screaming in fright and horror.

For the first time in both girls' lives, they had just seen a dead body. And it's one of a fellow young girl they know and have worked with on many occasions.

Who killed her? And why??