The Chase

November 6th, 2038, 10:25am

"We've got officers sweeping the neighbourhood, in case anybody saw anything." Ben informed you and your dad while you were stood outside the front of a 24 hour convenient store. "Okay. Well, let me know if they turn anything up." Your dad said. Ben looks down the sidewalk and sees Connor stood there, like a statue, in front of your dads car.

"What are you two gonna do with that?" Ben asked, pointing towards Connor. "I have no idea..." Your dad mutters. "My kid here seems to like him, though." He then says to Ben, laughs.

"Seriously, Hank... urgh what's the point." You grumble as you walk back towards Connor, he turns to look at you and says. "It took the first bus that came along... and stayed at the end of the line. It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."

"But Androids don't feel fear." You heard your dad say from behind you.

"Deviants do." Connor said. "They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions."

"Hmm. But that still doesn't tell us where it went." Your dad said. "It didn't have a plan, and had no where to go." Connor continued.

"Surely it hasn't gone far then...?" You asked Connor who smiles at you. "Exactly." He replied to you, the both of you started looking around as you looked over at an abandoned building. "Do you think the Android would go in there?" You asked Connor.

"It's a possibility, Y/N." Connor says. "We should go look." You say as you start to cross the road, you hear Connor following behind you. "Kid! Where you going?" Your dad calls out deciding to follow you both.

There was a tall fence around the building, you find a gate and start to pull it open slightly. You squeeze through and hold it open for Connor. "Thank you, Y/N." He said as he then holds it open for your dad.

You move over to an abandoned car, and take a peek inside seeing, nothing. You then turn around and something in a corner catches your eye. It was an Android, a destroyed Android.

"Hey." Connor called out to you and your dad. "There's a freshly cut hole in this fence, with traces of Thirium on it. The Deviant must've been here." You look at the second fence Connor was stood next to.

"Uh, you go ahead." Your dad said to Connor who starts to pull up the mech. "I'm coming with you." You say to Connor who looks at you, before crawling through the hole. He then pulls the mech up as much as he can, to make it easier for you to crawl through. You start to crawl through the gap, once through Connor let's go of the mech and holds his hand out to help you up.

"Thank you, Connor." You said smiling at him.

"Hey, kid. Be careful." Your dad said as you nodded at him. "And you, if you let any harm come to my daughter, you'll regret it." He growls at Connor who looks between the two of you.

"I'll be fine, Hank." You say rolling your eyes. "I won't let any harm come to the Detective." Connor then said as your dad nodded.

"Anybody home?" Connor yelled out as the two of you approach the abandoned house. There wasn't a single response.

You both turn the corner, Connor notices a gap between some wooden boards that were nailed to a broken window. "Y/N." He said, getting your attention. You walk up next to him and peek through the gap. "There's an Android... what's it doing?" You whispered to Connor.

The Android was standing in the middle of the room, his right side facing your way, his LED coloured yellow. "Not creepy at all." You mumble as you start fiddling with the ends of your sleeve once again.

"It's another Deviant." Connor said. "Please stay close to me." He pulled your arm forcing you behind him. "Connor, no offence or anything, but I have a gun. You don't."