Chapter 10

Chapter 10 ━━ Breathless in love

Act 2 & 3 contain mature content

Act 2 & 3 contain mature content. I have warned in the introduction chapter. If you're under 18, the risk is on you!

Leave comments, I appreciate it!

If you desire more chapters, kindly click on the vote button below! Happy reading! 

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━ 

Morpheus spends most of his time with Ravenna, the rest, he goes back to his kingdom to fulfil his duties. It is like his daily routine. But he has nothing to complain about, he simply enjoys his time with her. 

By the time rolls around a month later, Ravenna successfully has corralled the butterflies into a cage, but an errant one escaped thrice. 

Once, when she catches him helping Thea to arrange the dinner table. The way he makes her mother laugh with his lame attempts at jokes. Another time when she finds him passed out on her bed, sprawled out on his stomach like a toddler. And there's this time when she sees the way his arm muscles flexing while attempting to keep up with her yoga session. It doesn't take a lot to get her butterflies going all hussy. 

Sometimes, she wants to strangle him. She really does. He manages to enrage her like nobody else can and yet she wants to be around him. He's intoxicating. 

For some reason, she and him have formed a friendship solely on bickering, though frenemies is a more fitting term for whatever they have between them. His motives are to win her over and he is succeeding so far. He is almost near to holding her bleeding heart in his bare hands. From somewhere deep down in her conscious mind, she knows that he already has. 

"Then maybe it's a sign you should be somewhere else." Ravenna glares at Morpheus.

"Have I done something to offend you?" He asks with utter confusion, following her to the kitchen.

"Only everytime I see you." 

"Will you ever love me?" 

Tilting her head back up, Ravenna meets his loving eyes who are patiently waiting for her answer. "No." 

"Well... I will always love you. So when you change your mind, I will be there." He spurts out, emotions cracking through his gorgeous features. 

"How aren't you fed up already? You could easily find somebody else instead of fighting with me every minute for everything. Why go through all these troubles?" Ravenna inquires, her eyes lingering on him for answers. 

"I would rather fight with you than love anybody else." 

A shudder goes down her spine at his words, wishing to hear him repeat them over and over again. Their eyes are locked, and the roaring intensified. Beneath those steel blue pools eyes, she glimpses a spark of something that sent heat curling through her stomach. 

She licks her lips, her throat patches, and his gaze zeroes in on her lips. The small but unmistakable movement bolsters her confidence and compels her to say something she never will have the guts to say otherwise. "What are you waiting for? Kiss me." 

Morpheus cups her face with one hand and brushes his thumb over her lip. Electric sparks form over her skin. “How rude of me to keep you waiting.” 

He leans down and kisses her. The touch is featherlight, but it travels from the top of her head to the tips of her toes. His lips are as good as his eyes in painting a picture of his emotions. Her head swims with pleasure. Some kisses you feel in your bones. This one she feels in her soul. 

Her fingers knot in his hair, clutching him to her. It feels so familiar to her to the point she advances for more of it. Their lips fitting on each other as if they're made for each other. She remembers Johanna's words. 

'That make sense. You were never mine from the beginning. You belong to him.'

He kisses her again, firmer, deeper and more insistent this time. His tongue sweeps along the seam of her lips and nudges inside when she parted for him. A fog of lust clouds her brain while he explores her mouth. 

His hands, a possessive weight on her hips, lifts her up so she's sitting on the counter with his body between her legs. 

His fingertips just barely ghosted over her inner thighs, leaving goosebumps in their wake. Just a little taste of what he can offer to make her crave for more. 

She feels like she is on fire. She has never felt anything like this before. She didn't even know that it is possible to feel so much pleasure. 

When he finally pulls back, she whimpers at the loss of his warmth. She can barely remember her name. 

His lips come down to her ears, lightly grazing them as she feels goosebumps rise on her whilst her heart starts beating loudly, immediately giving her away to him. "Sometimes I wonder if love is worth fighting for. Then I look at you. I am ready for war." 

She can't pinpoint the specific moment her feelings toward him changed. She doesn't even know what her current feelings toward him are, exactly. All she knows is, he sets her ablaze, and she never wants the fire to go out. 

Morpheus connects his forehead with hers and a smile blooms his face which results her heart to melt in her chest. 

Even a mere contact with his eyes can make her soul breathless. Breathless in love. It exhilarates her. At the same time, it terrifies her of how much control he holds onto her heart. 

Later, Ravenna is having dinner with her mother. She languidly stabs into her untouched steak, her mind floating far away to a certain Endless. 

"What is bothering you, sweetheart?" Thea asks with a concerned voice. 

Ravenna's headaches with indecision and she sets down her fork with a sigh. "He said he loves me and would wait for me to love him back." 

"Do you love him?" Thea questions with an raised eyebrow and her daughter responds with a slight nod. "What is holding you back?" 

"I don't have a mass of people I love and I'm terrified. I'm terrified to lose him. What if one day he gets bored of me and leaves?" 

Thea takes a sip of her wine. "When I met your father, he was an arsehole to the core. He was stubborn and the sight of him itself riled me up. But we slowly learned to love each other. I do not regret a single second I spent with him. Even after he passed away, I still carry all the memories of him with me. Good and bad. They are still precious in my heart." 

Ravenna softly smiles, listening to her mother with quite interest. She loves to hear her mother talking about her father, Derek Edwards. She didn't get to spend a lot of time with him with Cancer drawing his lifespan quicker than what he intended to have with his dear family. But she has no grudge against him. Her mother filled in his role as well to make sure Ravenna won't feel the loss. 

"Love is never easy or simple, Rav. It never is. There will always be constant pain within love. That is the beauty of love." Thea states, lightly squeezing her daughter's hand to fill her with comfort. "That boy literally is in love with you. It is obvious the way he looks at you. If he ever falls out of love, chase after him to the end of the world. Show him he'll never find the love you can offer from anywhere else. You inherit your father's stubbornness. Just be stubborn and give him hell until he gives up." 

Ravenna chuckles, shaking her head at her mother's advice. This is why she loves her mother with all her heart. "I sure will keep that in mind, mum." 

"And also, as adorable as it was, you two should stop your snog fest in my kitchen. Keep all that for the bedroom." Thea points out with a mocking serious face and Ravenna groans, hiding her face in her hands with embarrassment, which of course becomes the source of Thea's amused laughter.