The Various Shifting Types

The concept of shifting among werewolves adds depth and complexity to their abilities and experiences. Here's a breakdown of the various types of shifting described:

**1. Sense Shifting:** In this form of shifting, a werewolf's senses become heightened and take on wolf-like characteristics even while in human form. This heightened sensory perception can include sharper hearing, scent detection, or improved night vision.

**2. Wild Shifting:** Wild shifting occurs when a werewolf experiences a transformation while still in human form. During this shift, the individual may become uncontrollable and exhibit erratic behavior similar to that of a wild animal, including growling or baring teeth.

**3. Non-Lucid Shifting:** This form of shifting occurs when a person transforms into a werewolf while dreaming. However, the wolf's consciousness is not aware of the shift, and it has no control over its actions.

**4. Lucid Dream Shifting:** Unlike non-lucid shifting, in this form, the individual is aware of the transformation while dreaming and can consciously control their actions as a werewolf within the dream.

**5. Astral Shifting:** Astral shifting involves the werewolf leaving their physical body and entering a different astral realm. This shift can take them to otherworldly locations or realms where they may encounter entities or spirits.

**6. Mental Shifting:** Mental shifting allows a werewolf to focus their thoughts and block out human distractions to enhance their senses. This heightened awareness is often used when the werewolf is searching for prey or sensing potential threats.

**7. Phantom Shift:** Phantom shifting occurs when a werewolf in human form feels the intense sensation of transforming and may physically inspect themselves for signs of transformation, such as fur, even though they remain in their human form.

**8. Auric Shifting:** This form of shifting involves altering the werewolf's aura, even if their physical form remains the same. Auric shifting may be used by werewolves when they feel threatened or need to change their energy or presence.

**9. Physical Shifting:** Physical shifting is the most well-known and classic form of transformation for werewolves. It involves the complete transformation of a human into a wolf-like creature with enhanced physical attributes.

It's important to note that not all werewolves may possess these shifting abilities, and the extent to which they can shift may vary among individuals. These shifting types add depth to the lore and offer a range of experiences and abilities for werewolves in different narratives and interpretations.

***I did not own those pictures. I use Pinterest to get them.***