Sentinel

Sentinels, with their ever-watchful eyes and steadfast dedication, play a crucial role in maintaining the security and integrity of the werewolf pack. Their responsibilities encompass various aspects of vigilance, communication, and conflict resolution, ensuring the pack's well-being and harmony.

**1. Patrolling and Vigilance:** Sentinels are tasked with the vital duty of patrolling the pack's territory and keeping a vigilant watch over nearby activities. Their keen senses and heightened awareness enable them to detect any potential threats or trespassers attempting to enter the pack's clearing.

**2. Welcoming Newcomers:** When newcomers approach the pack's territory, it is the sentinel's role to be the first point of contact. They welcome these individuals and inquire about their origins and reasons for being in the area. This initial interaction serves as a means to ascertain the newcomers' intentions and whether they pose any potential risks to the pack.

**3. Ensuring Good Intentions:** Sentinels bear the responsibility of ensuring that all individuals who enter the clearing do so with good intentions. They are vigilant gatekeepers, protecting the pack from potential harm or deceit.

**4. Maintaining Peace and Order:** Sentinels act as mediators and enforcers within the pack, working diligently to prevent conflicts and fights from erupting among pack members or other individuals. They play a vital role in enforcing pack regulations and promoting harmony within the group.

**5. Reporting and Communication:** In situations where persistent aggression or disturbances occur, sentinels are tasked with notifying the Alpha and/or Beta of the pack. They provide a detailed account of what transpired, helping pack leadership make informed decisions and take appropriate actions.

**6. Punishing Aggression:** In cases where aggression persists or individuals threaten the pack's safety, sentinels may administer punishment or take measures to drive away those who pose a danger to the group. This decisive action is taken to safeguard the pack's collective well-being.

In the absence of a sentinel or when none is available, all adult pack members share the responsibility of greeting newcomers and maintaining order within the pack. Sentinels serve as the eyes and ears of the pack, ensuring its safety, promoting a sense of community, and contributing to the pack's harmonious existence. Their unwavering dedication to these roles is a cornerstone of the werewolf pack's strength and resilience.

***I did not own those pictures. I use Pinterest to get them.***