Chapter 2: A new life... maybe

Y/n's POV

It has been a few months since the game SAO had been beaten. Many of the players returned to their average lives that they used to have, while others underwent many therapy classes. Luckily I wasn't one of them. I never really experienced any traumatic situations other than Angel's death. That was my fault though.

I remember how I used to treat her compared to others. Many people said we would make a great couple, that we should have gotten together and met once we left the world of Sword Art Online. But due to my own carelessness, she went off and got killed because of me. All because I didn't -

"Yo, Y/n. You alright man? You were spacing out, something on your mind?" I would blink a few times before looking up from the desk I was seated at. My good friend, Kiruto Yamada was standing in front of me. He seemed a little worried. He was also the one who found out I was trapped in that hellhole of a game.

Kiruto and I have been friends since childhood. When we were younger I moved away due to my parents business related stuff. Due to that I never seen him again until around the junior high school days. At first I didn't remember him but he managed to helpe remember him. Ever since then, me and him gave always been together and hanging out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking on some stuff from back when I was in that game." Kiruto furrowed his brows and stared at me. "And you're sure you don't need that theoropy stuff other people got?" I would nod, noticing that everyone else had left as well as the teacher. Grabbing my bag I would stand up, pushing in my chair and then proceeding to make my way to the door. "Yeah, I'm fine. No need to worry Kiruto. There's just good memories and a few bad memories in my head every now and then."

We proceeded to walk down the halls, silent as a bunch of other students walked through the halls chatting with one another. It was recess so students could go anywhere they wanted for the hour break. "You play the AmuSphere, right?" he looked at me, "Yeah, why do you ask?". I would look in the corner of my eyes, wondering what he was getting at.

"Do you know of the game Gun Gale Online? I've been hearing a lot of people talk about it lately. Do you play it by chance?" I would hum, now that I think about it... I have been noticing some news about a few old Laughing Coffin members being arrested after killing people in that game. "I have the game, but I never touched it before. Why do you ask?" Kiruto's eyes suddenly lit up with pure joy like he always did when he heard something that really hit the spot for him.

"WE NEED TO PLAY SOME GAMES TOGETHER TONIGHT DUDE!" I reeled back, stopping die to the fact of how loud he was just now. Several other people stopped and stared at Kiruto, but he didn't seems bothered by the onlookers in the slightest. I sighed, placing my hands back in my pockets and proceeding to continue walking. Kiruot caught back up to me as I gave him his answer. "Fine. But you're helping me learn how that game works you know." He would just give a thumbs up with a wide smile.

------------

Finally, the end of the school was here. I sighed in exhaustion as I left out the front gates of the school and started to lean on the wall. I usually have to wait for Kiruto since he tends to take forever to get out of the gates. I would normally just go home, but he would always complain when he had to walk or take the subway. So, I tend to give him a ride back to his place. I woul close my eyes, letting the cool autumn breeze brush across my face.

"Y/n-Senpaiiii~!"

Fuck.

I would open my eyes, turning my attention to an all too familiar friend of mine. I just stared at him blankly, wondering what he wanted. "What's up Amane?" He would fix his dress, looking up at me with a sort of pleasing look. "I was waiting for you, but I wanted to ask if you could possibly give me a ride somewhere!" I just stared at Amane for a bit before shaking my head.