00:11

No Children- Mountain Goats

I hope it stays dark forever. I hope the worst isn't over.

-

-

-

"Etna!"

It was to early and I felt like I had so much to hide. Panicking, I pulled my sleeve down, so that it covered my red arm. The whole bus ride here I continued to pinch my arm, my nails forming red imprints in my skin.

I swiftly turned around to see who it was that called my actual name. My blood instantly started to boil. I saw Kasen waiting at the end of the hall, standing there with a shy smile, waiting for me. I didn't even waste my breath telling him to leave me alone. Instead I squeezed my lips together and sped walked away.

"Etna wait. Listen!" He called after me. Dragging the unwanted attention of every single person that I passed by as I tried to get away from him. The closer he got, the faster I walked, until I felt myself running. Each step stung my ankles and I began to question myself.

What the heck am I actually running from?

I stopped by the bathrooms and leaned up against a wall for support. I struggled to catch my breath as Kasen's tall figure loomed over my pathetic body. I hate him.

"Are you okay?" He asks me sincerely. He tried to place his hand on my shoulder, but I moved my body out of the way.

"I am perfectly wonderful." I lied through struggled breaths. Kasen gave me a look of concern and I moved over to the water fountain.

"Are you sure?" Kasen asked, "You don't look like your breathing well enough." I rolled my eyes at him and said,

"Look, we're not friends or anything remotely close to it, so you don't have to play nurse with me." I sipped the warm water and wiped off my mouth. "Now, please move out of my way guy." I told him trying to get away from him.

"I'm really sorry Etna." Kasen mumbled as I walked away. I turned around and watched him run a hand down his watery cheeks.

"Are you crying!" I yelled in shock. Kasen shook his head no, but the tears sprouting from his eyes said otherwise. I so badly wanted to leave him there, drowning in a pool of his own tears, but I couldn't. My conscious is a much better person than I am.

"Um, uh what's wrong?" I asked awkwardly, not knowing how to deal with his over emotional state. I took one step closer and suddenly he pulled me into a hug. I kept my hands strictly to my sides.

"I don't know how I could be such an awful person." Kasen sobbed into my curly puff. "I'm so sorry Etna."

"I'm so sorry." He kept repeating over and over again. I slowly raised one of my hands and patted his back. I prepared myself to lie and tell him I was over it. That everything was okay now and I'm not holding any grudges, but I caught myself. I stopped myself from lying and kept mute.