Secret history

It showed a reel counting down then it showed the four walking down the trail. The announcer said "Cuphead, Mugman, Cocoa, and Rootis, four likable heroes with a love for gambling and shooting vegetables with their fingertips." It showed them gambling and shooting the root pack. "The team who went toe to toe with the devil himself and came out on top." It showed the four looking at the devil who were smiling on his chair. "Their origin has been shrouded in mystery..." the film burned "Until now." A man in a suit took out a folder "Recently declassified documents have revealed details of top secret experiments into portal technology, deep beneath the Nevada desert. Amazingly, these experiments bore fruit. Weird, dark scary fruit." It showed a portal and it turned on "They created the impossible a gateway to another world." It shows inkwell isle. "The discovery of the millennium." It showed the four "So why have you never heard about it and how are our porcelain pals involved?" It showed a file "Find out tonight on..." Then the title card came. "The secret history of Cuphead." It showed a man in a room "Start talking." He put a cigarette in his mouth "We don't have much time." He looked for a lighter. A hand reached out and lit his thumb on fire for the man. The man used it. A voice said "You're right about that." The fire was blown out. "We got stationed here right out of basic training." It showed four soldiers in front of the portal. It showed the nametags. Crp. Head, PVT Mugmanowicz, Capt. Rootinng, Crp. Cocoatree. "Why is one taller than the rest?" A man asked. The woman said "He was like that when we met him, now would you like to hear our story or not?" "I do! I do!" The four were bored. Another voice said "It was a pretty sweet gig for a while." The woman yawned then the portal turned on. "But then it got...weird." The four were shocked and then blown back from the force. The four looked at the portal in surprise. Then they began testing it. Man in a hazmat suit said "Alright let's take a look see here." He poked his finger in the portal. "Sensations a little strange-" he then began blowing up like a balloon while the other looked shocked "Oh oh god! Argh, someone help-HELP ME!!!" Then he exploded on the other guy. "Holy shit!" The other guy said, traumatized. He then tried to run but was stopped by a scientist named jerry as he held a double barreled shotgun. The man said as he was backed up to the portal "Seriously Jerry?" Jerry said "Go." he then puts his hand though. Then he saw that his hand was gone. He began screaming. "What the fuck!" Jerry then kicked him through the portal. He then went up in flames. Jerry said "Science is hard." It showed him with a cigarette "And sometimes bad things need to happen so that everyone can have cool ****." It showed the testers dying from the stuff "You think nobody died inventing mobile phones? And I suppose no grunts got hideously maimed testing early fidget spinners? Trust me, if you knew, you might not find them so relaxing." It showed them working on the portal "We followed orders...access to a new dimension would have been offered...something... it must have been all for something." He looks around. It showed the females' silhouette, as a female voice said "That thing was a goddamn death trap. Every poor sap they pushed in went the same way." "Blew up to bits." "Until one night...something amazing happened." It showed the four with drinks in hand. The one holding the cup asked "Hey? what's in the cup?" The one with the mug sipped then said "It's a mug." "No, it's a cup." "Oh smart guy, huh?" The female holding the hot chocolate said "It's a mug, I mean I know what a mug looks like..." she got splashed by the one holding the cup. "Ha you don't look so so smart no..." then the one with a mug threw his drink at him. Then one with a root beer float says "Hey, let's calm down." Then the one with the cup jumped on him as he said "SONNOVA..." then the four got into a fight cloud then they went into the portal. Jerry saw this and dropped his drink. "What the-" Jerry sent people trying to get the same result "We spent years trying to replicate the exact conditions of their crossing, but something was missing. And then one day, out of nowhere...the damn thing died on us." The scientists were panicking "and nothing we did would open it back up. It sat abandoned for decades. I retired...my wife left me...then I got cleaned out by a hooters waitress and now I drive an Uber. Um that's when I got the call..." the portal turned on. And threw the four out in their new bodies. "They were back." It showed the room where the man put out his cigarette "The portal changed us." "Made us awesome." The man asked "You sure about that?" He shined the light on the four. "Well, in some ways it did." The tallest one out of all of them said. It showed them with they're faces normal but on bodies. The man was disgusted. The female said "We know what we look like." "You get use to it." Cuphead said "But to us you're the one who looks gross." A general walked in "A giant SUNFLOWER just killed half my men!"

The large one said "It's name is Cagney. Cagney Carnation." Cuphead said "You have no idea what you're up against. We're the only ones that can close the portal." The general said to the man in the trench coat "Get me answers out of these idiots. Now!" He slammed the door. The trench coat man pinched his eyes then demanded "Tell me what happened on the other side!" The four looked at each other then back at him "Do you think we have time for that?" Cuphead said "That's the not the right question but if you insist." It showed them on a dock bored "In the beginning we just hung out. Wasn't much else to do. But then we kinda..." Cuphead finished as the four were in the casino "Rolled snake eyes in a bet with the devil." The large one crosses his arms "Told you it was a bad idea." The female said "He was gonna take our souls!" Mugman said "But we made a new bet." Cuphead said "Which we won." "And now we're here." Mugman said "Yep. You're looking at the team who bested the devil!" The man asked "A bet?" Cuphead said as it showed they're eyes and outlines "We collected all the souls owed to him in 24 hours. Beat down King Dice, Hilda Berg, The root pack." Mugman said "All of them." Cocoa said "It was impossible. But we did it." "We didn't even take a break." Mugman said "Not bad for a couple of night watchmen." Then an alarm went off. The man said "God damn it." He looked outside the general said "Times up detective. We got a giant carrot blasting my men to bits with his goddamn MIND!" He walked in "We can't contain them." He pointed to the four "YOU! Shut it down NOW!" "I don't see a problem with that." The large one said. The four smiled. The man said "Sit your *** do..." the general said "Shut it, Moldenhauler!" It showed the four going into the lab and they saw Jerry. Mugman said "Hey Jerry." Jerry freaked out. Cuphead said "What's the matter? Potato got your tongue?" Jerry said "Pota--" then the four got to work. The general shouted "Now shut it down." He saw the four just standing there "Now shut it down! Shut it down." Then the four shot the general. "Okay, why'd we do that?" The large one asked. Cuphead said "Orders." The female said "Oooweee, I've been wanting to cap that shouty bastard all day." They saw the gunmen there. Mugman said "Gentlemen." Between the gunfight the gunmen were killed. Mugman said "Jerry, get over here." Jerry walked to the tall one "Heya, Slugger." The large one with the pompadour said as he pats Jerry's shoulder. "You're probably the only one who can undo what happens next. Trust me, even I don't know?" The Pompadour one said. Then he shot jerry in the face. The man asked "Why...?" "Sorry, orders." then the large one goes to the control's. Cuphead said "hehe good one!" "Shut up." The large one says. He pulled the lever and the portal got big. The detective asked "What have you done?" Cocoa 'tsk'ed then said "Still asking the wrong questions detective." The detective asked "What's the right question then?" Mugman said "Questions." Cuphead said "How did we get back?" Mugman said "How did we survive?" "Why is everyone short except me." The large one says. Cocoa said "And did we get all the souls?" They turned around with glowing eyes. Cuphead said "They musta tossed coffee over a hundred grunts after we went through and every last one ended up a stain on the carpet." Cuphead asked "Doncha Wanna know what makes us so special Hmm?" The detective asked "What is that noise? What's coming?" The four had glowing eyes and mouths. Cuphead said smiling "Not what. Who. And the answer to that is the answer to all the questions. Our boss." Mugman said smiling as well "It was never about the coffee. He let us in." Cocoa said smiling "He puréed all those sad moral meatbags, but in us, he saw something familiar." The tall one said smiling "We're his kinda guys. We're not technically goons but...we kinda are." He continued. The detective said "It...it can't be..." Cuphead said "Oh but it can. And let me tell you he was one tough cookie on inkwell island, but here? With billions of souls to eat?" He laughed "Man oh man." Mugman said "You know what they say...who wants to serve in heaven..." Cuphead finished "When you can rule in hell." The devil came through scaring the detective. The devil said "So many souls!" Then it ended.