Dinner of the Champions

Izuku rose to his feet, eager about getting to binge eat to his heart's content. When he was in middle school he always lost his appetite. In the mornings, he'd dread going to school and soon his appetite was gone two bites into breakfast. For lunch, Izuku was never given a chance to eat unless he hid well enough, and even when he did, he'd be too scared to eat. For dinner, Izuku was never in the mood, discouraged from the day he went through. Tasting the meal his mother prepared for him and made with love brought tears to his eyes. He'd have to swallow the bite and stop eating otherwise he'd worry Inko with his crying.

Ever since Izuku was given a diet, he found a new love for food. While some could argue his diet was too much for someone his age, he'd argue his quirk would make his body explode if he didn't bulk up. Izuku needed a strict meal plan to ensure that he did. Izuku was able to find recipes that spoke to him. Izuku was not nearly as good of a chef as Katsuki. Katsuki made himself out to be a good chef and had the skills to prepare the food. Izuku wasn't like that, making food took a longer amount of time and energy. But at the end of the journey, he was still able to cook well and plate some impressive meals. Food became an outlet.

Izuku looked through the rows of stunning foods. Some were more north-western-styled food, which caught his attention. Today was his birthday and his cheat day. Nothing was going to slow his curiosity and his empty stomach. Inko followed her son around, happily grabbing things she wanted along the way. Aizawa went right to the sushi conveyor belt where fresh nigiri sushi was constantly being made. Toshinori was right behind Inko, also letting Izuku guide the way. Toshinori had limited himself to a diet, so seeing multiple options seemed to overwhelm him.

Aizawa had his first plate and sat down pleased, there was a lot of salmon belly and flounder fin. Toshinori's plate was an absolute mess and no one could describe the different foods he put on it. Inko had a nice balance of multiple items and snatched a bowl of miso soup on her journey back.

Izuku came back to the booth with his first round of food. The first plate was a large plate, consisting of a pile of nothing but steak-fried noodles. Izuku slathered the noodles with two small dishes of yum-yum sauce which is found in hibachi grills all across North America and Canada. It's similar to remoulade and aioli sauce (with a mayo base).

As soon as Izuku finished the noodles, he turned to his next dish which was a medium-sized plate of kani salad. Izuku devoured that in seconds and turned to his next dish which was a bowl of miso soup. The soup was gone in less than a minute. Izuku grinned at the wonderful food and went for round two. Izuku came back with a platter completely filled with sushi. Izuku inhaled eight white dragon rolls, eight samurai rolls, and four and spicy tuna rolls.

White dragon rolls consisted of shrimp tempura, cucumber, and avocado. They are topped with albacore and fried onions. Samurai rolls are made out of shrimp tempura, crab meat, scallop, mango, avocado, green onion, smoked salmon, masago mayo, sesame seed, and a sweet chili sauce. The spicy tuna roll was made out of sashimi-grade tuna and topped with ichimi togarashi.

Izuku's eyes would light up with every bite. Izuku would go a little dance or shake his hand holding the chopsticks in satisfaction. Izuku swallowed every bite with a smile, in absolute heaven. Inko always loved how Izuku grew into food. She had been there through it all and saw the change in his relationship with food. There was something soothing about seeing her son eat. It was a strange thing to find comforting, but to Inko it was significant. He was taking care of himself, fueling himself for the days to come.

While Inko looked at Izuku fondly as he destroyed his meal, everyone else watched in shock. At this point, Toshinori and Aizawa looked horrified to see how much Izuku could eat. They had barely finished their first round while Izuku was excitedly going for round three. Toshinori was realizing that maybe giving Izuku a diet wasn't exactly a good idea. Izuku was consuming food and didn't even seem somewhat full. Although, the food Izuku wasn't much different than what he could eat on a normal day. Most of it was relatively healthy. Aizawa was "horrified" by the aspect that the restaurant was technically getting robbed with how much Izuku was eating. Despite the initial shock, he was impressed to the point he couldn't hide a smirk.