Let's Color The World

"Oh, I can't look. Can you please check it for me?" Trixie asks.

The album is finally out, the music videos too, and we are all nervously awaiting it's result on Billboard. It has already seen huge success, going to number 1 on iTunes in multiple countries, the music video for This Town reaching more than 50 million views in the first 24 hours, and Moving Parts following closely behind by reaching around 44 million. Even critics have praised it, many calling it refreshingly honest and surprisingly heartfelt. But we know nothing will help unless the album is number 1 on Billboard 200 and at least one song makes it into the top 10 of the Hot 100 chart. Those are the sort of results the company expects from a Trixie Mattel album, especially one that's supposed to give new life to her career. 

"I'll update it and check." Courtney says before I get the chance to. 

"Thanks." Trixie says in a small voice.

"Listen Trix, even if it doesn't go the way you want remember why you released this album. It's not about the charting, yeah? It's about the artistry, and there's nothing lacking about your art." I tell her.

"I know, thank you. I just... I really wanna prove them wrong, you know? I want to show them that I don't have to be what they want me to in order to succeed." She says honestly.

"I know, baby. But you've already shown them that by all those amazing results the album has had all week and by the great reviews it's gotten. You should be proud of yourself, and I hope you will be no matter what those lists say."

"I love you so much." Trixie says with tears in her eyes before wrapping her arms around my neck and capturing my lips in a soft kiss. 

"I love you too." I say, wrapping my arms around her waist to pull her into a warm hug.

"Well, I hate to break you two lovebirds up, but I think there's something you might want to see." Courtney says, tapping Trixie gently on the shoulder to get her attention.

Trixie pulls away and turns to look at the computer, covering the screen from my view. She stands still for a good while, not saying a word but putting her hands in front of her mouth. Suddenly I hear her start to cry softly and I quickly grow concerned. 

"What is it? What happened?" I ask as I step closer.

"I'm number...n-number.." 

"What?" I ask, trying to walk to stand next to her so I can check for myself.

"Number one." She says in disbelief.

"WHAT!?" I scream in shock.

"I'm number one! The album is number one! This Town is number one and Moving Parts is number five!" Trixie yells out happily, jumping up and down from joy.

"Oh my god! We did it!" I say with a huge smile on my face.

"We did. I'm so proud of you Trixie." Courtney says, pulling Trixie into a hug before turning to me. "Thank you, Katya. Without your help, none of this would've happened."

"Well, without you I'd never have agreed to work with her at all, Courtney." I remind her.

"That is true, I'm kinda an awesome manager." She says jokingly.

"You're both amazing." Trixie says, wrapping us both up in a hug. "Thank you so much."

"You deserve it." Courtney says.

"You truly do, baby. You deserve this so so much." 

"Thank you for believing in me, and for pushing me to release those songs and to write the music I want to write when I had lost faith in my own voice." Trixie tells me, taking my hands in hers. 

"I'll always believe in you, 'cause you're worth believing in." I tell her, pulling her close once more and kissing the top of her head softly.

I was ten years old when I first met Trixie Mattel, and even now she is unlike anyone I've ever met. She's strong, beautiful, smart, talented, stubborn, funny, and unbelievably sexy. By twenty-four she had already received her first Grammy, and I know she's bound to receive at least one more this year. But unlike the girl who won that first Grammy, and unlike the girl I met when I was ten, the Trixie I know now is not a girl who'll waste her life rushing towards her next goal without ever enjoying it's small moments. 

The Trixie I know now loves savoring the small moments, and although she's achieved more than most will do in their entire lifetime, she doesn't define herself by that success anymore.

She's happy being Trixie.
Just Trixie.
My Trixie.

Time moves fast when you're rushing.
Life can pass you by before you even realize it.
Luckily there's still time to change that if you haven't.
All you have to do is pause, let yourself breathe, trust your own voice, and let go of the fears that hold you back.

You can do it.
I believe in you.

A/N: That's the end of the story! Thanks for all your support and please consider checking out some of my other stories. I've written tons of completed Trixya fics and got two in the works; "Beware of the Water Lilies" and "Smile For The Camera". 
Love you all!

- Annie <3