Preparations.

Part 3 of the 2nd and 3rd one shot I've written here!
Content warning for the following:

- Mentions of female parts of the body ( Donnie's intersex!! )
- birth
- homophobia / transphobia
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

   “ So... let me get this straight. you two..... ”

Here's Raph trying to make sense of what his brother, and his brothers boyfriend, who happened to also be his own best friend, were telling him. his fists pound together almost in an awkward manner as he stood in front of them. Donnie who simply rubbed the bridge of his snout with a sigh.

“ did what any normal couple does? have sex? ”

“ ew ew ew stop talking! ”

“ what? he's right? sex isn't a bad word, Raph! ”

“ it is when you have a baby brother, smart-ass! ” Raph snapped. he was still pretty livid to find out Casey got his brother knocked up, it was gonna take a lot of convincing from his brothers, maybe Casey himself, to assure Raph things would be fine. “ You've been getting your rocks off with him! I should— ”

Raphael, While your heart is in the right place to look out for your brothers. you must remember too, just as you are, Donatello is growing up. I will not lie and say it did not come as a shock to me, my son. but you four are in your 20s now, if any of you were to have romantic relationships, what they have done is..expected. ”

Splinter was right. and sometimes that frustrated the hell out of Raph, especially when Leo nodded along in agreement, as if he didn't pass out on the floor in the dojo when told about Donnie expecting a child. with Casey Jones nonetheless.

“ real talk, sensei! but..I've got a super duper question for you guys.. ” Mikey butted in, pizza hanging off his hand as he swallowed a bite of pizza, just over donnie's shoulder, who swatted crumbs off of his own shoulder, glancing back to Mikey with a semi irritable expression. a sigh for the turtle in orange to maybe take a few steps back.
luckily he read the room with that one.

“ whatcha got, Mikey? ” Casey leaned gently against his boyfriend, he'd been by the others side almost entirely the minute Donnie told him that he was pregnant.
when the purple mutant led his hand to where the baby was along his stomach.. he hadn't taken his eyes off the other
since. it was heartwarming, really. to Donnie anyways.

“ So like...I've read that..turtle eggs usually take 1 to 2 months to come out. but if we have half human DNA..and..humans carry babies for 9 months or whatever. what's that mean for Don? is it 2 months or 9? that's been driving me fricking crazy brah! ”
Mikey shook at Casey's shoulders in a
dramatic sense after eating his slice, right before flopping on his back, as if he didn't just ask the most important question there.
it had Leo thinking, glancing to Donnie with a ' Mikey's right. ' kinda expression on his face.

“ that....that's actually a very good question Mikey. ” He blinks, Donnie tries to think of an answer, tries to formulate mentally how any of this works. because he sure as hell felt the small outline of a shell when he checked himself. it was smaller than how a freshwater turtles egg would be. now donnie felt concerned, albeit worried.
“ Well, while we physically, and sometimes scientifically make up with turtle anatomy and sounds. we do take after humans by a lot. walking on two legs, the ability to eat foods we couldn't as regular turtles... the ability to speak?