..why did we learn this again?

A/N: author here! I am so sorry for the delay!! I've been busy and suddenly the muse to write again just hit!

This is pt 2 of I learned something today. And there will be a 3rd n final part at some point!!

Enjoy ♡

———————————

It seemed after that blissful evening alone both Casey and Donnie had, that everything went back into order. Nobody suspected a thing! It was perfect really, they're still as affectionate as ever ( even when Raph would throw things and shout at them to get a room. ), And usually? Both boys were a lot more comfortable and confident now in small intimate moments they catch themselves slipping in whenever the chance. 

It was brief, unfortunately, both Casey and April were heading back to college now, it's been 6 weeks since the mutant and the vigilante's little " rendezvous ". and with mating season coming to it's end, the high drive Donnie found himself on with Casey when no one could suspect a thing... well.. they got caught up in so much that neither boy realized how fast time flew by until now.
.
.
.
.

“ Stop pouting and eat your pizza. He'll come crawling in with April at 2. ” Raph frowned, nudging his brother from across the table with a fist. Something wasn't right. Ever since Casey and April went back to school, Donnie's been way too in the dumps about it. 

The restlessness, the lack of eating...it was unusual for Donnie. Even more so that Raph, not Leo, or Sensei, had called Donnie out on his new strange behavior. 

“ I know I know— I'm not pouting— nor am I sulking! ” Donnie protests, he can see the doubtful look on his brother's face, which makes him quickly add on that last part for extra defenses, a scoff coming through. “ I just haven't been hungry. That's it. It's got nothing to do with the fact Jones and April are in school again. ” 

“ well, maybe you should bring this up with sensei then if it isn't a hopeless little romantic missing his dearly departed thing. ” 

“ says the one who threw a sai into the TV when mona face timed you 2 days ago. ”

“ hey hey hey! That was different! And you kn— ”

“ what...s going on here? ”

The two brothers whipped their heads in the direction of a confused yet concerned voice, only to meet Leo as the owner of it. He's frowning at Donnie and Raph, he may not have gotten the whole story... But he did hear the whole Donnie not eating part. 

He's their older brother, of course Leo's going to be concerned about it. 

“ what's this I'm hearing about Donnie not eating? How long has that been going on? ”

“ oh for— ” Donnie sharply exhaled, rubbing his snout with evident frustration over the subject, enough to get up from the kitchen table to really be toe to toe, eye to eye with his older brother, and leader of the bunch. “ I'm fine. I just haven't been hungry. You know I'll eat when I'm ready. ”

“ so not eating for the last 3 weeks wasn't enough waiting time? ”

“ Raph! ”

3 weeks?! Oh no, Leo wasn't having that. It was intervention time, his eyes darting to raph with a serious look, yet a concerned one.  “ go get sensei for me. And you, you aren't going anywhere until we figure out what's going on, you tell us what's going on. ”

“ Leo, you're being overdramatic! there's no need to get our father in all of this. I told you, I'm fine. No fever, nothing. Besides, you know how I am with germs, I wouldn't be this careless if it was something concerning. ” Donnie tutted, a little flustered, and insulted, to being treated like he was....like he was fragile. he was not fragile. He can take care of himself fine! They know it well that Donnie can.