Chapter 20

Chaos unsettles weak men

Chaos unsettles weak men. Finding yourself in the midst of it, you have two options: land a mean punch or drop on your knees so the other one doesn't, or pray someone else might intervene and save you.

All three kinds are effective. I landed the punch when I abducted Gaia. That was my natural form to do things, take what I wanted like a robber, a criminal that I am or so I had thought. But Gaia made me realize that I might have something more in me. A man who can make things work without submitting to violence. So, I agreed to kneel. Ask for forgiveness to stop the retaliation. And now I am ready to push myself between the bratva and Camorra. Intervene in the oncoming war between the two families.

Gaia snuggled closer to me, burying her face in my chest. I snicker. At least this way, the sound of her snores would go down and notch. She is in my arms safe.... but my inner turmoil is not allowing me to be at peace. The presage of something happening to her looms over me like a sword of Damocles. In this life, men like me always sleep with one eye open. The walls of the million-dollar house close in as if the ghosts of people we harmed are coming back to haunt us. I had always been cautious of my safety but never afraid. That changed ever since she came.

This morning, Gaia asked for the prenup as I had wanted. She will love me back when she will know the truth. She should already feel it because I had agreed. But she is a hard nut to crack. I have taken her reputation, hurt her. So she uses her insignificance like armour to protect her heart.

Tomorrow morning, my lawyer will come with the papers. I have managed to get Carina's personal number through Ruslan's mole. Hopefully, she will understand my side. Gaia and I have a few weeks before our marriage. Carina is alone there. Worried about her own position, she will agree to anything to avoid getting into a war. My train of thought halts as Gaia's greedy hand tries to find its way inside my pants.

"Not so sleepy, are we?" I choke, burying my fingers in her hair as a jolt of pleasure runs through me. I'm a horny man and it has been about 18 months since I felt a woman's warmth anywhere near my body. I was ready to fucking explode.

"Your heart was beating like a service dog." Gaia mumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes with her other hand.

I grabbed her wrist, and she sneered at me. "You don't want the rest of your lashes to fall down." I repeat her words as she had been muttering something about the horrors of lash curlers as we were watching a movie a few hours ago.

"I'm bored." She pouts, blinking to clear her blurry vision.

"So you decided to play games with me. I have an-" The words died in my throat when her hand curled around my shaft.

"Move." I choke out, clenching my jaw hard.

"Not so traditional now, are we?" I could hear the mischief in her voice as she prolonged her words, keeping her hold firm. My breath got caught in my throat when she strangled the life out of my dick.