Chapter 12

Hip reclined in the bonnet of my car

Hip reclined in the bonnet of my car. I checked my surroundings again. The weather today was unpredictable. My gaze flickered back to the under-construction building a few miles away from the abandoned place I had chosen for the meet. The harsh wind rapidly changing its course made me relieved from the possible attack by a sniper. I hated those bastards, laying in one position for hours just for a single bullet. There is no better thrill than barging in, guns blazing, throwing bullets like candies.

My shoulders tense as a sharp rustling sound came from the ground. I aimed the gun and the flashlight, holding them in a power position, following the source of the sound. There wasn't a single ray of light around. The moonlight today was clouded by thick dark clouds, indicating that there will be a storm soon.

The beacon of the flashlight finally found the origin. It was just a snake. As it slithered past my shoes I didn't make a move to shoot its head off. It would be good practice for my own satisfaction. It's been a while since I had maimed a man. All my thoughts and planning being occupied by Gaia.

I swivel on my foot and shed the flashlight on the snake again until he was too far. Just because he hadn't bitten me now doesn't mean he wouldn't come back later.

5 minutes later, a car pulled up and BoryaLebedev climbed out, looking around anxiously. I give him some time to recollect his head. He earned it. He had already shown his courage by questioning my father's decision.

My father had slipped that Gaia's father Sergio's real name is Sergei. That only means that he is Russian and had betrayed my father. The punishment for betrayal would mean death, but he is still very much alive. I had seen the man shoot someone's kneecap off because he was breathing through his mouth for fuck's sake.

I hadn't known we had enmity with the Camorra ruling over Nevada until my father said so. They were way too far to obliterate with our work. And I was just trained to follow orders from my pakhan, so I never once questioned why he hated them so much.

"Why did you ask me to come here, Kazimir." Lebedev demanded, speaking in Russian. His jaw was quenched hard to hide his nervousness.

My gaze flickered between him and his car. He had come from the driver's seat. If he is alone, it was prudent not to risk involving anyone else, but if the bastard has any plans to double-cross me, then Ruslan will skin him alive.

"I came alone, Kazimir." he grumbled, almost frustrated that I doubted his intention. I don't even fucking trust my own father, the sole reason we were here 20 miles away from my house.

I give him a stiff nod. "You already know why. Don't waste my time and start talking."

"I am not going to betray my Pakhan." he retorts, straightening his spine after finding one.

I raise my brows in question, giving him a once over. "You're standing before the future Pakhan of the Bratva."

"The one who will be torturing me to death for betrayal is still your father. I will report to you once you'll become the pakhan.... after a decade." He chuckled darkly, taunting my position in the bratva.