CHAPTER NINE

Chapter Nine

Most of the time, you know when people are lying or not. Liars are most likely to sweat, do insignificant actions, spoke jumbled words, and make the story longer and put holes in it. When you tell them that they are lying, its either they will get guilty and will end up saying the truth, or be mad as hell. It is easy to read people when they are involve in a lie because that is human nature, but the hard part is to distinguish a lie from written words.

People say that it depends on the words they use if they keep on repeating it, or the representation present if you can see erasures or strikethroughs. I'm not saying that neat papers are truth, because not all neat persons are neat. But damn, I wish that everything is a lie.

When you cut onions, you always cry. Because of the tears, they seem to block your vision. Then your vision becomes blocked, that you didn't realized you cut your own finger. Now, you are crying because of the cut and the onions. The point is, everything starts for a reason, then there's some bullcrap, then everythings piled up, and you hurt yourself.

It started when I let Neon joined that stupid project, then Auntie Charlie's death, then piled up with the involvement of Neo-Wisdom and Neon's death, and here I am: pouring every tear left.

Everything is like adding fire with fire. When you add fire to fire, nothing changes. It is still the same fire. Fire changes when you add water on it or gas on it. Auntie Charlie's unjustified death is the fire and Neon's death is the another fire, the result is the same glum, nothing changes.

Why does everyone have to disappear? Why can't we just live forever and be immortals? Why can't Neo-Wisdom just formulate a pill of immortality instead of temporary happiness?

Neo-Wisdom... Crap, I hate that name! Even when my mascara is pouring down with the tear, my hate for them will never change. Because guess what, my hatred with the doesn't start right now, it started way before. To make the story brief, my father had an affair with my aunt. Before commiting suicide, my mom took dozen of fantasy pills but what hurt me the most is seeing her sleeping in my very own birthday. There weren't any flowers in her funeral because it's suicide. Neon was the only man beside to comfort me, not my own father. My father showed up in the funeral, with my aunt-slash-stepmom who has a high-class job in Neo-Wisdom. Then my dad was executed by Neo-Wisdom because he is accused of unauthorized selling of Fantasy Pills when he was on a trip in Canada. It all happened in a span of two months and it was one month before Neon's proposal. I tried to forget everything and programmed myself to be a perfect wife yet the tigers come at night and turns my dream to shame. Neo-Wisdom is really destined to ruin my life, thank you.

With all the lights closed and my only light is the moon, I wiped my tears even if it's nonsense because the tears will just flow. It's already passed dinner yet my appetite is not working. My mind is still on chaos whether to go to Neo-Wisdom tomorrow and get the death benefit, or lock myself in grief for the whole day. I could entertain myself in watching television since I am in the living room right now, but is it possible of being not in a mood to be happy?

I throw the letter to the air, and what a coincidence that it landed next to the letter for the revolution. I reached for the red envelope.

"What if... I join the revolution?" I thought and the next thing I knew, my eyes are closed and my tired soul takes a rest. But everything is still a chaos.