8.The anklets

《Cause you're the reason I believe in fate you're my paradise
~Jaymes Young 》

_____________________________________________________

I came back into the room as she was done with changing

"Are we going to sleep in the same bed?" she asked shyly, not ready to look at me.

"I mean we are going to sleep in the same room or else ajjamma is going to squeeze the life out of me for leaving you alone once again also she is kind of traditional about certain things. So she won't be entertaining the thought of a married couple spending the night in two different rooms you see" I tried explaining.

"I can slip out after she is asleep and won't be able to catch me. In the morning I will come back so she won't know it" I did not want her to be uncomfortable without choices of her own.

"No, it's okay I wouldn't want you to go through all that hassle. Please just stay, I can just sleep on the floor" she said as I locked the door behind me.

I saw her staring at the door, "I can just leave the door, if you want"

"No, I am fine with it being closed" she said.

I started taking off my shirt as it was a bit too warm.

"You are not expecting us to have sex because it's our first night, right?" She was frowning.

"No, no I am not expecting any such thing. It was a little hot so I thought I could take off my shirt. I can just wear it back if you are not okay with this"

"No, it's fine" she sat on her side of the bed.

"You are having your guard up, I know we are married and you are sitting pretty much with a stranger. But I assure you I am not going to do anything that could make you uncomfortable" I said looking at her.

I could see her calming down a little.

She nodded, "Thanks, I am just a little scared you know it's... a new place and all...."

After saying goodnight we slept on our sides.

The sounds of chirping birds woke me up. I felt warm a presence beside me. I could a feel a little heavy on my right side, that is when I opened my eyes to see that Pari had curled and was now against my chest.

I slowly tried getting away from her but she was hard to just move away.
I did not want to wake her up so I decided to stay put till she woke up by herself.

I stared at the old painting in the front wall of the bed. The sun light fell upon it and it all felt too good to be true. Waking up with the girl you love and in a house that you still like even after everything that you went through in it.

But it all was happening in the wrong time. He had planned his future ahead but it was now a wasted plan.

"Mhm..." I heard her waking up.