five.

august 30th, 2018.
seoul, south korea.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"why are you so excited.." the short male grumbled from his bed, watching the brunette jump around, his hands holding tons and tons of clothes; he needs to look his absolute best in front of namjoon, after all.

"yoongi ! you wouldn't get it-!" taehyung squirms in his place, eyes all dazed, looking at the wall of posters in the shared room, one such posters being of well.. namjoon. he's been an open, and avid enjoyer of reading namjoon's journals, since a young age even. to see someone in his same age group, share the same fascinations and achieve so much always pushed the younger to take up criminal journalism too.

he has always admired namjoon.

a bit too much actually.

to the point where.. he's shamelessly read fan fictions about him — oh come on, everybody does it; at some point for a different set of people, and taehyung feels absolutely no shame in admitting it because he knows he's not alone.. specially when he knows his fellow club members do the same.

"did you grab everything ?" his roommate, or yoongi as previously mentioned, softly voiced out, eyes trained down atop the magazine in his hands.

"i did ! i'll call you if it gets late, and—" before yoongi interrupts, the excited brunette jumps softly, raising his hands gently to grab his tote bag. "i will take care of myself, don't worry hyung!" taehyung announces as he slips onto his shoes, hopping out of his apartment.

he's spent the past few hours deciding on what to wear, eventually settling down with a rather cozy outfit; he does not want to look overdressed when he knows namjoon would probably show up in a white tee with a plaid shirt on top and.. maybe sweatpants to go along with it? don't blame him, he's been following namjoon quite closely all these years, and the elder male's sense of fashion hasn't changed much.

and namjoon does show up in exactly that, hair gently swaying in the soft breeze seoul had to offer; and god does taehyung want to drown in the sight. 

namjoon on the other hand.. has different thoughts about all of this.

namjoon is an asshole for this, and he's fully aware of that.

taehyung is naive, very much so. as tough as he thought it would be, it just turns out to be easier; the way taehyung agrees to each and every thing namjoon has to say, barely questions what the elder has as a motive, namjoon thinks taehyung is easy to manipulate. a lot, in fact.

and that is the only reason why namjoon thinks taehyung might be the best pawn to put forth for his job, inviting the younger male over with a warm, welcoming smile — namjoon has a few charms and he knows very well how to use them.

his dimples, in particular; taehyung would rather jump up, anxiousness evident on his face as he scanned namjoon's face, pressing hims palms in an attempt to cal himself down. "they're actually real.." the brunette would exclaim, softly leaning in closer when namjoon stepped up.

"you're adorable.. should we head in? it's pretty cold outside, hm?" — namjoon is well versed in psychology, knows how taehyung's naivety would make him latched onto the way the elder gazes; it's an intimate gaze, something people do unconsciously, but namjoon rather uses it for his benefit — call it his 'charm', if you may.

upon watching the younger male nod, namjoon initiates physical contact thereafter, soft touches atop taehyung's back to guide him inside — he's careful enough to make sure he isn't making the brunette uncomfortable, that would turn all his plans kaput, so there's no sense in that.

but with the way taehyung settles himself into the touch makes namjoon rather relieved, smiling to himself as he took the younger in.

"did you bring in a  picture?" namjoon would ask, gently stepping inside the elevator, watching taehyung nod; though namjoon doesn't do this for everyone he meets, he decides he could rather make taehyung feel 'special'. 

"what did you need it for?"

"hm? oh well, i figured.. i don't talk to a lot of people, just jungkook, kyungmin hyung and a few other friends from highschool — it gets lonely sometimes. i figured we could be great friends, if you don't oppose? you wouldn't have to wait for me to pick you up at the entrance if you had your own visiting card, right?" namjoon would smile, waiting at the counter for the card to be given over.

"w-wait.." taehyung would pause, eyes softly widened as he looked up at the elder male. "i'm.. i'm gonna have my own visitor card to sodo law firm?" he softly squeaked out, glancing at the counter as he watched the elder male nod.

"this is crazy.. my friends would love to hear this-!" and taehyung begins rambling about how crazy this is, how amazing it is to have his own visitor card; it makes namjoon chuckle, leaning over to grab the card, softly sliding it over to the younger male.

 my friends would love to hear this-!" and taehyung begins rambling about how crazy this is, how amazing it is to have his own visitor card; it makes namjoon chuckle, leaning over to grab the card, softly sliding it over to the younger male

"you're.. thank you so much, hyung.. this is actually insane.." the brunette would mutter after a soft silence, looking up at the elder male — there's the tension namjoon was hoping to build between them, their height difference was well.. rather perfect in this circumstance; finding taehyung's eyes on namjoon's lips made the elder rather happy. the way the brunette shuffles about to avert his gaze is equally endearing, and namjoon let's it be, understands how taehyung's own thoughts are enough to keep him occupied at the moment.

"this is nothing actually, tae.." namjoon gently supplied, keeping the distance just as short. "i've got way more to show you."

"more?"

"mhm.. have you been keeping up with me lately, perhaps?"

"of course ! that shouldn't even be a question, hyung.." taehyung would huff, softly following namjoon around; the elder would take him over to a cabin, taehyung gently reading the name-plate.

"is this your cabin?"

"it is, tae. have you perhaps been reading about the minho case?" namjoon would smile, gently grabbing his key-card to unlock the door, softly opening it; watching taehyung nod eagerly was rather adorable, the elder chuckling.

"well, guess you can read the entire report before i publish it online."

fascination.. such a great weapon, isn't it?