one.

august 27th, 2018.
seoul, south korea.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

the soft pitter patter of the rain, rain droplets softly cascading down from the windows, bokeh lights covering your field of vision as you traveled by - a rainy night in seoul was a marvelous sight.

the car would stop in front of the house, bringing the male to his senses. he's home. a sigh would escape his lips, hands softly reaching up to unbuckle the seatbelt.

"thank you, sunbaenim." the male would softly mumble, giving a bow out of being grateful - his own car broke down and the colleague was kind enough to lend him a ride since they lived in the same neighborhood.

"not gonna give me a good bye kiss, joon-ah?"

and he's used to this, his colleagues teasing and playing around with him because he tends to get flustered really, really easily. plus he's way younger so it's easy for him to always become the target of the teasing.

he remembers, he was fourteen at the time where his teachers had asked his parents if they'd like namjoon to skip a few grades - you remember how namjoon was a prodigy since a young age? it carried on.. unfortunately.

his parents were proud. they obviously were, why wouldn't they? their almost sixteen year old son was entering college, way earlier than most kids along with him - he was scared, he remembers. being scared of not being enough, but he pulled it through, graduated with flying colors even.

then what's there to be sad about, you ask?

things are going.. too fast.

he wishes to be normal for once, to have an averagely smart mind, or maybe be dumb even; it's that exhausting. people think it's fun being quick witted but is it? the fact that everyone in the nation at one point knew he was a prodigy puts him on a pedestal - a pedestal he's trying to get off of without disappointing people.

but it's not all bad - he's mastered the art of stealing things without leaving evidence behind, stealing candies and what not from isles without being noticed, solving cases before the cops have arrived - yeah, it's cool to brag about these when you're a kid, and that's partly the reason why he chose to be a private detective.

he's solved numerous cases in the past year, a law firm had offered to pay him a huge sum if he had helped them out, eventually joining the firm's set of private detectives.

the door of his house opening would bring namjoon back to the present, a set of doe eyes cheerfully looking up at the elder male as soft hands pulled him inside, hugging his frame tightly.

"what took you so long, hyung? i even made dinner for you today!" the younger of them two would speak, guiding the male inside - namjoon was nineteen when he started working at the law firm, his parents had left him behind in seoul to shift to ilsan; and jungkook had asked him through a strained voice if he could live in with namjoon instead.

has namjoon ever had the heart to say no? never.

and namjoon has practically watched jungkook grow up, he was nineteen himself when he realised - his feelings towards the eighteen year old jungkook weren't platonic, but romantic instead.