four.

august 29th, 2018.
seoul, south korea.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

it's way past midnight - there's no signs of sleep in namjoon's restless eyes, despite how much he's tired. his thoughts linger over so many things; jungkook, jimin, and.. taehyung as well. he feels bad - using taehyung for his own gain, for his sick desires of getting rid of jimin, at least from jungkook's life.

"god.." he'd groan, closing his eyes as he turned and tussled in his bed, trying his best to find a comfortable position to sleep in - he did eventually find one, thanking heaven's above that finally lulled him to sleep, a deep frown etched onto his face as he did so.

"tsk-" namjoon would softly groan when he heard his phone buzz; can't even sleep in peace without being disturbed for once. he would squint, glancing over at the window - oh, is it morning already ? that just made him sigh, though he did sleep for a few hours, his body still felt lethargic, muscles aching as if he's ran the largest marathon ever.

namjoon just thinks he should probably take a day off - the only work he has on hand is completing the case file that he left incomplete the previous day. yeah, he can do that from home.

so he pushes himself up on his feet, carrying on his usual routine of brushing his teeth, washing up his face, tying part of his hair up since he didn't feel like fixing them as of the moment. the elder would walk downstairs, only to catch a glimpse of jungkook curled up on the couch, hair sticking in all directions.

sigh - did jungkook spend the night on the couch ?

"koo?" namjoon would softly mumble, catching the younger male's attention almost instantly. he would perk up on his feet, making grabby hands as he tumbled over his own steps, walking over the elder male.

a soft, dragged out "hyung.." and jungkook found himself nestled into the elder's embrace, sighing gently as he tucked his face into namjoon's neck.

"did you sleep on the couch?" namjoon would gently inquire, words just as soft as his touch on jungkook's scalp, fingers carding through his locks, settling them down. he did not hear a verbal response, just felt jungkook nod against his neck, holding onto the elder tighter.

"how many times have i told you not to do that? you've probably hurt your neck, kook-ah.." he's scolding him, of course, but makes sure to keep his tone soft - namjoon wants to fix things; jungkook is the only person that matters so much to him, he would never want to spoil things between them.

he would softly hook his arms under either of jungkook's thighs, lifting him up against himself, walking over to the kitchen - jungkook would take a soft breath in, resting his head on namjoon's shoulder instead as he spoke "..felt sad when hyung left, didn't feel like walking over to my bedroom..", causing namjoon to softly pause as he made jungkook sit on the counter.

namjoon regrets it - he deeply regrets it, letting his anger get the best of him. his mind tries putting words together, but the amount of guilt bubbling up in his chest just makes him pause before he can muster a coherent sentence up.

"i'm sorry, koo.." he softly whispers when they pull away from the hug, eyes stuck down onto jungkook's thighs as he bit onto his lips, trying to think of ways to properly apologize to jungkook.

"hyung, i should be the one to-"

"mhm, if anything, i should be the one to say sorry. really.." namjoon cut the younger off before he could apologize, softly looking up at the younger. ".. i understand, i completely do if you'd want to spend your birthday with your.. boyfriend.." the term 'boyfriend' leaves a sour taste behind atop namjoon's tongue, the elder sighing at that.

"and i just, want you to know that i was never mad at you.. just.. the thought of you prioritizing someone else over me is just.. new, you know?" namjoon chuckles, mostly to himself, to probably cover up the fact at how bitter his voice sounds. "but it's fine, i get it, you're all grown up now.." he chuckles, watching jungkook smile for once.

and they just stayed there, basking in silence until namjoon decided to take a glance at the clock, furrowing his brows softly. "it's too late.. don't you have classes to attend?" the elder of them two gently inquires, bringing a hand up to softly tuck the younger male's hair behind his ear, watching jungkook struggling to keep his eyes open.

"no, hyung.. finals begin in a month - they're giving us a break.." jungkook would mutter, speech softly slurred due to being barely awake; and namjoon just mutters a soft oh out of confusion.

"is that so? sorry.. hyung's been so busy, i haven't even checked in on how college is going for you." the elder admits, eyes cast down onto their bodies that were pressed together gently, hands cradling jungkook's frame as if he was the most dainty thing around.

"hyung.." the younger male would chuckle, bringing a hand up to cup namjoon's cheek, giggling at the way the elder purposefully rubbed his cheek against jungkook's softer set of palms, well knowing how ticklish the younger male is there. "hyung!" he'd try speaking for a second time, finally catching namjoon's attention.

"stop apologising, please.. i'll make sure to make this up with you just.. give me a few days, please?"

and how is namjoon supposed to say no to that? when jungkook's eyes look so pretty, shining gently under the warm sunlight from the windowsills; when his bottom lip is puckered out in the most endearing way, cherry lips getting nibbled on out of anxiousness — it all makes namjoon weak in the knees, nodding mindlessly to jungkook's each and every word.

and that's how they respectively began with their own days, getting locked up in their own rooms; while namjoon was trying to complete his own case file, he couldn't help but text back taehyung once in a while — at least he's got someone to take his mind off of jungkook.

⠀⠀⠀taehyung.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i'm free all the time ^^ !!
⠀⠀⠀⠀| we can meet whenever you'd
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀like !

⠀⠀⠀namjoon.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| you're free?
⠀⠀⠀⠀| oh, i had assumed you guys were
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀having your exams, so i thought
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀i wouldn't bother you..

⠀⠀⠀taehyung.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| O_O
⠀⠀⠀⠀| who told you tHAT
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i was just trying to meet you asap TTTT

⠀⠀⠀namjoon.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| haha
⠀⠀⠀⠀| that's cute
⠀⠀⠀⠀| jungkook did, actually. he's studying so
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀that's how i came to know if it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| but it's fine if you'd like to meet sooner
⠀⠀⠀⠀| not that i oppose it

⠀⠀⠀taehyung.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| OH
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i can come right now if you want !!
⠀⠀⠀⠀| my schedule is ABSOLUTELY FREE for you
⠀⠀⠀⠀| like really
⠀⠀⠀⠀| not kidding !!!

⠀⠀⠀namjoon.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| right now?
⠀⠀⠀⠀| i'm at home, but..
⠀⠀⠀⠀| would you want to meet at my workplace?
⠀⠀⠀⠀| I'll send you the address?

⠀⠀⠀taehyung.
⠀⠀⠀⠀| O_O
⠀⠀⠀⠀| YOUR WORKPLACE???
⠀⠀⠀⠀| YOU MEAN SODO LAW FIRM??
⠀⠀⠀⠀| I'm gonna pass out hold oN—

and it makes namjoon chuckle; atleast he's got a distraction, afterall.

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀