THIRTY-ONE

- CHAPTER 31 -

❝I'm so proud of you Reg

I'm so proud of you Reg.

The Potter Manor, Sixth year.

EVER SINCE Regulus had woken up, he has remained quietly seated. Sometimes he would wake up in the middle of the night, sweaty and teary eyed.

He would cry for hours and hours with nothing but James holding him close to his chest. The boy had yet to speak about everything that had happened.

As for Phoenyx, she and the girls were absolutely devastated. The five of them were supposed to grow old together, what went wrong?

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here Reg, you're safe," James said while cradling the young boy.

Like every other night, Regulus held on to James as tight as he could and cried his sorrows away.

"J-James," he said.

James looked at him with hopeful eyes. Regulus had talked, he was finally speaking up.

"Hey, i'm here Reg."

The boy said nothing and weeped some more. It was as if he had called James to see if he was actually there. To see if it wasn't one of his dreams, his cruel cruel dreams.

Regulus wanted to stop being so upset, he really did. But he couldn't help it. Being able to witness death, at the mere age of 15, was it a normality?

At one point, instead of James Potter, it was Sirius Black holding his brother with sad eyes.

It reminded him of his parents. When they'd punish them out of discipline and all the two boys had was each other.

"Reggie, i'm here."

After a few days, Regulus had started to ease up. Even though the boy would still get nightmares, he was starting to get used to them.

No one around him would ask questions, or talk about the incident. Instead, they would all wait to see if the boy would talk about it all on his own accord.

One thing that Regulus Black had loved the most was looking at the stars. Perhaps it was his name, or his family's weird obsession with astronomy, he could care less and stare up for hours without having to stop.

"Hey Reg," came the voice of Phoenyx Potter.

The girl had seen him gazing up at the stars while sitting on their rooftop. Just this once, she decided that she would join him and stare at the beautiful sky with him by her side.

For a few seconds, the two sat together in a comfortable silence. Then, all of a sudden, Regulus started letting out quiet cries.

"I-I saw her die you know. I feel so guilty, like it's all my fault. I don't know what to do, what do I do Phoenyx? What do I do?"

And for the first time in their lives, the two hugged each other with no intention of letting go.

Out of all of the Potters, he was the least closest to Phoenyx. There was no hidden reason behind it. Just that the two had never talked, thats all.

And now, sitting atop the rooftop, Regulus revealed his secrets to someone for the very first time.

He knew that Lily Evans was the closest to Phoenyx Potter and he thought that it was only fair for her to know about the cause of Lily's death.

"Phoenyx, y-you can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

Phoenyx looked at him and let out a smile. For the first time in the past few days, Phoenyx Potter smiled.

"I'm so proud of you Reg. I know Lily, and I know that no matter how many times you'd blame yourself, she would still do everything all over again."

"It's not your fault Reg, it's not your fault at all. You are a hero, a saviour. And Lily died a heroic death."