EIGHTEEN

- CHAPTER 18 -

❝I like you too idiot

I like you too idiot.

Hogsmeade, sixth year.

HOGSMEADE WEEKEND WAS nerve wrecking for all of the Marauders. Sirius was going out with Gideon, Remus with Phoenyx, Peter with Emma and James had said he wouldn't go.

"James, i think i'm gonna pass out," Sirius Black said dramatically.

"You won't pass out pads. You might throw up but i don't think you'll pass out just yet," James replied with a smirk.

Sirius shoved his best friend away and waited for Gideon to show up. The whole day, Sirius had been pacing in their dorm back and forth. The Marauders had watched him with amused eyes, not bothering to tell him to stop.

Even Remus wasn't as nervous as Sirius. Well, kind of. However, for Sirius, it was different.

All his life, he had been neglected by everyone. Before he met the Marauders, he'd always think he would end up married with a random girl from the Sacred Twenty Eight.

But now, having to go on Hogsmeade with his long term crush sounds like an absolute dream. A fragment of his imagination.

"Hey Sirius, ready to go?"

The boy's head snapped towards the voice. Oh.

Oh wow.

Gideon looked absolutely beautiful. He was wearing a jean jacket, something Sirius had hated, but he made it look so unbelievably perfect.

"Right, let's go."

The whole day had been fantastic for Sirius. One of his favourites, if you'd ask him.

The pair had walked everywhere while talking about the most random things. Even though they hadn't noticed, they were quite similar to each other.

Both of them were really mischievous kids. They loved to joke around and do stupid things.

"I can't believe you hexed his eyebrow off!" Sirius said with a grin.

"Well, he deserved it! He said Fabian was prettier than me!"

"He was lying, you know?" Sirius said while looking at him.

Gideon turned his head towards Sirius and raised an eyebrow. He had loved the boy's confident and flirty side, something he was craving to have all this while.

"Yeah? Well i think you're the prettier Black too," Gideon said with a half smile.

"Come, I'll show you my favourite spot."

Holding Gideons hand without realising, Sirius took them to a place behind all the shops. A hill overlooking the whole village.

No one really went there since it was so high up. But for Sirius, it was a piece of cake.

"Wow, it's beautiful," Gideon said with surprise.

While looking at the red head in front of him, Sirius couldn't help but say,

"Yeah, it is."

Sensing the boy's eyes on him, Gideon looked towards Sirius and let out a nervous breath.

Seeing the boy up close was completely different than seeing him from far away. Standing so close, Gideon could see the sparks in his eyes, the moles on his face and the blood rising on his cheeks a lot clearer now.

"Can i kiss you Sirius?" he asked with hesitation.

Instead of replying to the boy, Sirius leaned in and connected their lips together. For the first time in his life, Sirius Black felt speechless.

He had always imagined the boy's soft lips on his. He would often think to himself, would the day ever come?

Pulling back to look at him, Sirius leaned in and gave him another short kiss.

Gideon looked at the boy and chuckled.

"You were waiting for that, weren't you?"

"I've been waiting 6 years Gideon," he replied with a smile.

The two stared at each other with a comfortable silence in between them. Looking at each other was something that the two had adored doing.

Even though in the past, it was hidden. This time around, it was face to face.

"I-I like you Sirius, a lot," Gideon said nervously.

Smiling up at the taller boy, Sirius had felt like all his breath was taken away.

"I like you too idiot."

On the inside, Sirius was going crazy. Being liked by someone like Gideon, was it a dream? Growing up, he would always think that he wasn't worthy of anyone's love.

If his own parents, his own blood had hated him so much, why would everyone else feel differently instead?

"Is that Regulus and James?"