ᴀᴜ: ᴅᴇᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ (ʀɪᴄʜɪᴇ + ᴍɪᴋᴇ)

Part 2 of 'AU: The New Girl (Richie + Mike)'.

Y/N POV:

Ring, ring, ring!!

The bell had finally rung after a boring and long math lecture and now it's time for recess. I could see everyone rushing out of the classroom to go outside and choose what they wanted to play. Richie, Mike and I were the last ones to leave as we went to keep our books in our respective lockers. 

"So, that's why you guys moved here?" I say looking at both of them. They were telling me the story about why they moved to California after living in Indiana for so long. Turns out, they both had gotten a transfer here as their parents had a divorce and their mom has taken custody for looking after both of them meanwhile their dad is back at their hometown working. "So, you see Y/N/N, living with divorced parents is not that easy." Mike says. "Mostly because Michael here is such a handful and a pain in the ass." Richie says scoffing. Mike elbows Richie in the stomach and Richie lets out a groan. "Are you guys always this crazy?" I say while trying to hold my laughter. "All the time." Richie and Mike say at the same time and then stare at each other at the unexpected telepathy. "Good to know, thanks for warning me." I say while keeping my books in the locker and shutting it. They both follow my actions. From the corner of my eye, I could see 3 large figures walking towards the exit. I wonder who they might be. "Who are they?" I say while looking at their direction. Richie glances up at the figures and quickly looks away "Shit, that's Bowers and his goons, don't look at them, they might wanna come here." Richie says while looking down. "Oh god no." I hear Mike whisper softly. I look back down immediately. "Bowers?" I ask confused. "They're the school's biggest assholes." Richie replies back keeping the same tone as Mike. "That's not good." I say. 'Really, really not good." Mike replies. I could hear the footsteps come closer as I hold onto my bag tightly, hoping they won't see the new girl. The footsteps stop. I could hear them come closer. "Well, look who it is." I hear a voice say. Richie turns around "Shut the fuck up Bowers." he says. The height difference was immaculate. I turn around and Mike does the same. "Who is this pretty little girl you're with?" He says looking at me up and down. I give him a disgusted look in response. "Leave her alone, Henry." Mike says in a sharp tone. "If I don't then what will you do?" Henry says while coming closer to Mike. Richie takes notice of it and pushes Henry back. He stumbles back a little, almost falling. "Don't you dare even think of doing that." Richie says. My mouth is agape realizing how protective Richie is of Mike. I know they don't get along that much but they are brothers after all, they need to look out for each other. Henry lets out a chuckle and grabs Richie's collar and pins him against the locker. 'RICHIE!" Me and Mike yell at the same time. Richie lets out a defenseless grunt. "YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!" Henry spits in his face. Mike immediately grabs hold of Henry's arm but one of Henry's goons grabs Mike's backpack, pulls him towards himself and puts him in a headlock. 'LET GO OF ME YOU BASTARD." Mike yells as his voice echoes through the corridor. I stand rigid, trembling with fear. I could hear more footsteps come up from behind me. I turn around and see Mrs. Waltham, our principal run towards the scene. "Let go Bowers!" Mrs. Waltham replies. Henry turns his head towards her direction and lets Richie go. Richie falls to the ground and I kneel down and help him up. Henry's goon lets go of Mike at that command. "This is unacceptable behavior." Mrs. Waltham yells lowly in an ear wrecking tone. Henry's head falls to the ground at that sentence. "Detention! All of you!" Mrs. Waltham commands. "Why do we get detention?!" Mike replies shockingly. "You have been using inappropriate language a lot Mr. Wheeler and you too Mr. Tozier." she says firmly. "That's bullshit!" Richie says. I feel like falling to the floor and laughing but I let out a soft smile. "Why does Y/N get detention? She didn't do anything." Mike replies. Mrs. Waltham examines me slowly. "I have been getting complaints about you Mrs. Y/L/N (Your Last Name), even though you're new here I expect you to behave more nicely towards the students." she says. "Wait, what?!" I reply. I notice Henry's goons let out soft chuckles. It was them all along. Richie wasn't wrong when he said that they are the school's biggest assholes, now I see why. 'Mrs. Waltham, trust me she didn't do anything I-" Mike speaks "Don't let out another word Mr. Wheeler." Mrs. Waltham cuts him off. "Now go on." she says. Man, she is insanely grumpy. All of us remain silent as we make our way towards detention. 

Who knew that on the first day of school I'll be getting detention? Definitely not me.

A/N: Hello! First exam is done! I'm not completely back yet but just got some free time and decided to write the part 2 to the Richie and Mike story. This was pretty boring and nothing that interesting in my opinion but I hope you guys like it! Thank you <3 (300 READS?! Thank you all so much!!)

-Shaarvi