ᴀᴜ: ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ɢɪʀʟ (ʀɪᴄʜɪᴇ + ᴍɪᴋᴇ)

Y/N POV:

I had just moved to California about a week ago. I was dreading it obviously, considering that I had to leave my old school and my friends. Settling into a new place is not easy, it will take a while to get used to your surroundings. I'm socially awkward and making new friends was not really my cup of tea. I do agree that I have a cheerful and friendly personality but my anxiety takes it all away from me. Well here I am, awoken by my alarm on a Monday morning, I groan as I reach my hand out to turn the alarm off, I get out of bed and head for a shower and brush my teeth. I open my closet and find something to wear to make a good impression on the first day of school. I choose to wear a white top with ripped jeans along with converse sneakers. Pretty decent eh? I put on some light makeup and look at myself in the mirror before going downstairs to grab my breakfast. 

"Goodbye Mom!" I say while giving my mom a kiss on the cheek before leaving the house. I grab my bike and look at my watch. '7:45' it read. Shit, already late for my first day of school, what a great way to make a good first impression. I ride my bike as fast as I can to school. It hardly took 15 minutes, thank god I chose a school close to my house just in case for days like these. While riding my bike, I notice a boy riding in the same direction as I am. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt with jeans and big glasses which made his eyes look twice as bigger than it normally is. I got to admit, he looked cute. He turned around and stopped his bike and headed towards me. I stopped my bike as well when I see the mysterious boy walking towards me. "Heya, Hotstuff." he said with a smirk. I flushed a little with the nickname he gave me. "Hi there" I said back while twirling my hair with my fingers. "I haven't seen you around before, you new here?" he said. "Yes, actually I moved here a week ago, still processing California." I say back. "You'll like it here, well I for sure did when I moved here with my brother 2 months ago." he said back while leaning on his bike. He was adorable, he made me forget about how late I was for school. "Oh, cool." I replied back. "I'm Y/N Y/L/N." I say as reach my hand out for a handshake. "Richie Tozier." he says as he accepts my handshake, God, what a beautiful name. I look at my watch again '8:00' it read, now I'm really late for school. "SHIT!" I yell a little. "Woah- what happened?" he asks confused and a little startled. "I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL AND IT'S MY FIRST DAY, SHIT SHIT SHIT." I keep yelling as I get on my bike. "OH FUCK-." he yells as he hops on his bike almost falling. I start riding my bike at the speed of light and Richie follows behind me. "Y/N WAIT." he yells as he catches up to me. "You're fucking fast- impressive." he says with a grin. I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh still riding my bike. 

-Time Skip- 

We reach school and park our bikes beside each other. "Well, that was exhausting." I say as I walk to the front door waiting for Richie. "I-know-right." he says panting while walking up the stairs. "Breathe, Richie." I laugh. "Trying to." he replies while placing a hand on his chest pretending to faint. "Help me Y/N, I can't breathe." he says in a fake tone and passes out on the floor. "Good one, Rich." I roll my eyes and head into the school, Richie gets up and follows behind me. Everyone is staring at us, well, we are late after all. "Where the hell have you been? You're 15 minutes late." a boy tells Richie. He looked exactly like Richie but without his glasses. "You don't think I know that? Well, I was trying to reach school when this beautiful lady caught my eye and I got distracted." he said pointing to me. I flush again. The other boy studies me as I look down of embarrassment. "Hey, I'm Mike. Mike Wheeler. Richie's twin brother." he comes closer to me and I look up at him. So, this is his brother he was talking about earlier. He was wearing a stripped sweater with a navy colored jacket on top. I could see his freckles dusted lightly across his cheeks. Am I falling for both of them? It seems like it. "Y/N Y/L/N." I reply back while smiling. He smiles back. "How the fuck did you reach earlier than me, Mikey?" Richie asks. "Maybe because I woke up earlier than you?" Mike replies back sarcastically. I laugh and Richie flips him off. "Richie, aren't you forgetting something?" Mike says. "No?" Richie replies back with a confused look. "YOU'RE LATE FOR CLASS TOZIER! MR. CLARKE IS WAITING FOR YOU!" Mike yells. "OH SHIT-" Me and Richie say at the same time while running towards class. Mike heads towards his locker and keeps his books in, little did we know. It was all a prank set up by Mike to get us into "fake-trouble". It had only been a few minutes since I met them and I feel comfortable already. Maybe making friends is easier in California.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! It was my first time publishing a book. Let me know what you think in the comments. Thank you so much for reading if you have made it this far into the story. <3

-Shaarvi