Extra #1

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆* Lagoon ‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*

 Rosaline perused the fruit selection of a market stall, fingertips gracing over pears, melons, mangoes, and many other peculiar foods. When she had been queen, her palette was well traveled, but there was something different about being in the place they were grown. The smudges of dirt and large sunspots filled her with an unfathomable happiness. It felt surreal, in a way, to be here, walking among people and being recognized as the Captain's wife, not the Kings.

An arm wrapped around her waist, and Rosaline rested her head on the taller woman's shoulder.

"Find anything?"

Nevaeh's voice was rather rough from the past week of yelling out orders, the journey from their last destination to their current one was a little more than a week, and was filled with harsh tropical storms. Rosaline could admit she missed her large marble bathtub at times.

"Just some local fruits. And you, my dear?"

Nevaeh always grumbled at being called dear, saying it was too soft for a woman such as herself. Rosaline had taken the initiative to use it more.

"Mm, yes. Supposedly there's a lagoon just a short while from the village, I'd like to have a look for myself."

Rosaline paid for their selected fruits and rejoined her wife.

"That sounds just wonderful."

‧₊˚✧⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*

It was rare that Rosaline saw her beloved in anything less than trousers, bouts, a comfortable top, and thousands of dollars worth of jewelry,

Rosaline never even knew that Nevaeh owned proper swimming gear.

They had spent nearly two hours hiking to a lagoon that Rosaline could only describe as a fairytale. Crystal blue water, and instead of sand at the bottom, there was a deep layer of only white quartz gemstones. Half the lagoons bank turned into a mossy resting place with soft grass and lilac trees. The other half was backed by tall, natural stone walls draped by vines and willow branches which grew atop the short cliffs.

Yet, the only thing Rosaline could focus on was Nevaeh as she removed her loose shirt and flowing pants, leather boots, leaving the soft orange scarf which held her hair back. The lack of her usual clothes revealed high cut, sage green bottoms, and a matching top that tied at the back of her neck.

When her partner turned around, Rosaline's eyes trailed over her, taking in every detail of her numerous necklaces, falling just above the neckline of her garment, her gold belly piercing, and a singular strand of waist beads, made up of tigerseye, lapis, and gold. Lastly, Rosaline studied her tattoos, a stark contrast to the soft green clothing.

Nevaeh, aware but enjoying Rosaline's eyes on her, gracefully fell back into the water once her hair was in a large bun atop her head, sweeping her arms out to push herself deeper into the clear pool.

"Joining me, Love?"

The woman in question, awestruck and lovestruck, slipped off her lightweight summer skirt, blouse, and boots, wading into the water and swimming to Nevaeh.

Unlike her partner, Rosaline's undergarments were blush pink and lacy, quickly becoming see through in the water.

Neither cared, however, as they were alone, spending their afternoon looking for the perfect pair of quartz stones that Rosaline could turn into necklaces back at the ship. The crew members laughed at all their matching jewelry, but neither would trade it for anything, and Rosaline found something comforting in making the pieces. And, although she would never tell Nevaeh, (mostly because she assumed she already knew) it was nice to escape the loud sounds and drenching environment that was the ship deck.