15

Quick scribble from the author (side note; nothing I write minus poetry is ever 'quick'): I haven't thought about this book in a while. Annoying thing though is that the reason I didn't publish this chapter is I thought it was too short. I mean... This is a fanfiction. It's a fandom and ship I'm not even really in anymore so why... The hex... Did my brain bother with such unimportant stuff? A chapter of a book can be two dramatic words as far as I'm concerned. As long as that's not the whole one. Who cares bruh 😭 apparently I did. So much that we're back at it again a full month later. And I haven't been doing much of anything in the mean time so... Sigh. This note is too long, eh? Carry on.

3rd Person POV

"Ah, I'm so glad you two are back together, laughing again. Sure gave this old woman a fright that day; I feared I'd caused an issue."

Louis isn't sure what they are. Harry knows now that he likes him but he doesn't want to go farther than that. Still, that just leaves them in a weird space between friends and lovers. He decides he'll talk to him about it after work. He knows they didn't exactly do things the right order, what with him being moved in already but if Harry doesn't mind, he'll be happy to take things to the next level regardless of their living condition. Of course, he'll also get the hell out if that's what the boy wants but if the last couple of days are anything to show for it, they're both a bit too attached to each other at this point. No going back now. He fucking loves it.

"Wait... What do you mean?"

"Ah, well, I heard some yelling in your room. I assumed it was because of my discussion with Harry about the bowl... Err... Was I not supposed to have said that? I don't think I was. From the look on both of your faces, I ought to hush up right now, actually-"

"Your... Oh. The... Oh. You were coming out of her apartment, weren't you? Did she... Miss C, did you... You're the reason Harry figured it out this soon and confronted me about everything, aren't you?"

"I mean, yes but-"

"Oh God. You're telling me I couldn't hide it from three people, now? I thought I could mask better than that..."

"Oh, Louis dear, I'm sorry if I caused any harm. It wasn't my intention-"

"It's fine, Miss C. Really, it is. I just... Need some air, do you mind if I step out?" With a guilty look, she slowly nods her head. Louis doesn't have the strength right then to tell her it's all okay, he's barely holding himself up so he bursts out of the apartment and down into the street.

Just as Harry shows up, after giving him what he felt was sufficient time and space to breathe, he sees Zayn walking off on his way. He narrows his eyes a moment, spying the cigarette now held loosely in Louis' hand. It's lit but untouched and he really, really hopes he doesn't plan to use it any time soon.

"Uh... Lou, can I..." He hands Harry the cigarette wordlessly, watching him crush it with a look of disdain on his face. He's... So... Adorable. Once again, Louis really really really wants to kiss him. He wants Harry to be the drug that he takes in with every breath to make him feel better. Unhealthy, yes, but it doesn't make it any less true. He tears his gaze from Harry's lips, letting his eyes fall to the ground.

"Take it, why doncha? Wanted to have some but I kept thinking of you and I fucking couldn't. I think it's unfair, you know. How you made your way into my life and latched on so tight that I'm never gonna be able to let go of you again."

"It's Zayn, isn't it? The third person that knows?"

"I just said something sweet, honey, you're meant to be flustered, not getting upset cos Zayn Malik gave me a cigarette." Harry narrows his eyes at him and Louis throws his hands up, then shrugs. He kind of wishes he'd had some, now. "Yes, Harry, Zayn knows I struggle with disordered eating. But we have never kissed, nor have we banged so don't go getting all pissy at me when you know I like you-"