Chapter 4: Keldeo's past revealed

The Mane 7 and both Princesses returned to Ponyville and soon enough, the citizens of Ponyville had celebrated the return of the Princesses.

Many of the citizens were surprised and shocked by the appearance of Princess Luna who they discovered was Princess Celestia's younger sister and who was Nightmare Moon, but Princess Celestia was able to clear things up by explaining how the Mane 7 acquired the Elements of Harmony and used them to eliminate Nightmare Moon and brought Luna back to her normal self. Many of them were even more surprised to see that Keldeo was the one to awaken the legendary seventh Element of Harmony and went toe-to-toe against Nightmare Moon and survived.

Everypony cheered for them and called them heroes for saving both Equestria and Princess Luna, and speaking of the Princess of the Night, everypony welcomed her back with open arms or is it hooves? Never mind. Anyways they accepted her as a princess like Celestia. Then two young Pegasus foals put a flower wreath on her which she accepted with tears of joy and a smile.

Twilight had a somber look on her face which Keldeo quickly took notice as he approached her.

Keldeo: Hey? What's the matter, Twilight?

Twilight Sparkle: *sighs* It's just that after finally making friends with you and the others, I would have to go back to Canterlot and I wanted to spend more time with all of you.

This made the Mane 6 feel sad at the thought of being separated that was until Celestia gets an idea.

Princess Celestia: Spike, take a note please.

The dragon in question pulled out a scroll and quill and began writing to what Celestia is saying.

Princess Celestia: I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville.

The Mane 6 smiled as they smile and hugged Twilight out of joy that she didn't have to leave.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh thank you, Princess Celestia! I'll study harder than ever before.

Everypony around them cheered and celebrated at the Mane 7's friendship.

Pinkie Pie: Isn't this exciting? Are you excited cause I'm excited I've never been so excited, well, except for the time that I went *deep gasp* but I mean really-

Keldeo quickly covered Pinkie's mouth as he rolled his eyes and smirked.

Keldeo: I think we got the point, Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Oh, well in that case. . . LET'S PARTY!

The Mane 7 enjoyed the Summer Sun Celebration for the rest of the afternoon as they ate and enjoyed delicious food, played games with one another, and had large amounts of fun in general. Soon when the evening came round, most of the citizens except the Mane 7 and both Princesses left. Keldeo was chatting with Twilight until Princess Celestia approached him.

Princess Celestia: Keldeo, I presume?

Keldeo: At your service Princess.

Princess Celestia: I believe it is time that me and my sister tell you about your past and exactly why you're an alicorn.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, that's right. I nearly forgot, so you're from the mythical world, Earth right?

Keldeo: Yep, but actually how about we talk about this somewhere safe. I don't really want ponies listening on to any secrets we might reveal.