Luffy X Reader: Lacking

I love Luffy's character a lot, he's also super interesting to write for as well. I was going to edit this earlier, but got caught up in writing for another one shot instead and that is now somewhere in the 4000 word range... Anyway onwards to the one shot!

----------------

Summary:

Luffy notices a weird feeling and pursues it.

Info:

DF-user!GN!Reader x Monkey D. Luffy

Fluff, hurt/comfort, little bit of humour at the end, post-time skip, info for the devil fruit at the bottom to to keep the suspense

F/n - First Name, L/n - Last Name

Word count: 2148 words

----------------

The Straw Hats had landed on a new island and like always their captain had ran off at the first opportunity. Luffy was eager to start exploring this brand new island and he decided to start from the town this time around.

The houses were mostly two-stories with light coloured walls in warm tones and different colourful roofs. He was walking around the town square looking at all the brightly coloured flowers that filled the flower beds and baskets that lined the buildings they had on display when it happened.

Luffy felt his haki tell him that something was wrong. That there was someone here who at the same time wasn't. Like an inexplainable blind spot in his vision. It was weird and he wanted to know why. So he started heading towards that odd feeling.

He weaved his way through the crowd, making sure nothing would stop him from reaching his destination. He soon came to what he guessed was the town square. The square was paved with cut stones and lined with benches and greenery, all centering on the main focal point that was the large fountain in the middle. The whole place was filled with the laughter and chatter of all the people walking through and milling about the place. He turned to face a bench in a corner with it's back to a wall. 

There they were, the mystery person, sitting hunched over with a cloak covering almost their whole body, simply looking towards the town square. He rushed over to them and then turned to look back at the town square to try and see what they were looking at. It looked pretty much the same except the colours seemed more vibrant the further they were. None of the passersby seemed to have noticed the mystery person or their strange aura like he had.

He looked back to them, still not having noticed him. He pouted at being ignored and so decided to start the conversation himself.

"Hey mystery person, why do you feel weird?" he bluntly asked them.

They looked at him for a second in shock and awe before returning to their schooled neutral expression, though he could still see some weariness in their eyes. They hesitantly reached out their hand towards him and simply touch his arm just for a second before retrieving their hand back to their side as they see something in his expression change.

A quiet "I see" is all that leaves their mouth. But their current company couldn't care less.

Luffy feels weird and disinterested in whatever he was doing. What was he even doing in the first place? It must not have been that important nor interesting in the first place if he forgot about it already.

The cloaked person stands up from the bench and decides to retreat somewhere more private. While at the same time Luffy returns to wandering around the town, not being particularly interested in anything he sees.