Law X Reader: Sleepy Crewmate

Law is one of my favourite boys, he's the cutest. What a dork.

----------------

Summary: 

Law observing an always tired Reader's routine

Info:

GN!Sleepy!O-HakiUser!Reader x Trafalgar D. Water Law

Fluff, humour,  pre or during time skip, Law being cute, Reader having innate observation haki

F/n - First Name, L/n - Last Name

Word count:  2853 words

----------------

It was something Law had noticed, but never actually paid too much attention to, his attitude towards his crew mate L/n F/n. He had slowly started to get intrigued by them for some unknown reason. Because of this he had now decided to investigate his sleepiest subordinate's routine to see if he could figure out what had caused this sudden fascination of his. He had already decided to spend his entire day monitoring them and their behaviour.

The day started slow as F/n was the last to get up to get breakfast with him trailing after them from a safe distance. If his crew noticed that he was later to breakfast than usual they had wisely not mentioned it out loud. He simply got a cup of coffee like always and then sat down in his usual seat next to Bepo to continue his mission.

He watched as they slowly meandered over to where the breakfast was being served, he noted that they hadn't even reached there before he had sat down despite them arriving in the galley before him. He watched as they pondered over what to eat before simply settling on the closest thing to them, a pre-made sandwich. Law both cringed at their food choice and marveled at the act of laziness they just exhibited. He then watched them wander over to the nearest available seating and plop themself down onto it. They slouched over the table as they ate their sandwich. Law simply sipped on his coffee as he watched them eat that monstrosity. He considered looking away in order to spare himself the nauseating sight, but persevered in order to not miss anything possibly important. When they finished their sandwich instead of joining in on the conversation going around the table they simply tapped their seating partner, Penguin, and asked him to wake them up when it was time for work. He agreed and they gave him a sleepy smile before settling themself down for a nap, resting their head on the table. Law would have killed to have that adorable sight aimed at him. He gave a quick glare to Penguin before occupying himself with listening to the rest of his crew ramble as soft snores left F/n's mouth. He occasionally looked over at them before returning his attention to his crew's conversation. Penguin wondered why suddenly during breakfast he had felt like he was in danger and Law simply told him he was just imagining it.

When it was finally time for work he watched Penguin wake them up before leaving to start on his own workload. Law watched as they sleepily mumbled an okay and a goodbye to Penguin before getting up and stretching. When they were done they accidentally locked eyes with him. He received a slightly more coherent "Captain" from them accompanied by a sleepy nod of acknowledgement. He wished they had smiled at him too. He returned their nod with one of his own. They then proceeded to lazily wave him goodbye as they lumbered over to get started on today's work.

Law quickly went to finish any leftover work he had that he hadn't gotten done yesterday when he was preparing for today. He had finished most of today's work then so he could have more free time today. Not that he couldn't have just done his mission anyway, he was the captain after all, but he always felt crummy if there was any work left unfinished or done late. He powered through his work, checking the stock of medical supplies and cataloguing anything missing, before starting to deduce where F/n would currently be. F/n was a rare combat focused member of his crew so whenever Polar Tang was submerged or sailing they took up the custodial jobs and night watches most of the nights. He wondered if them taking night watches so often was what was making them so sleepy, before remembering that they were the exact same when he had recruited them.