v. 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬

┌──────────────────────┐

𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥

Soldiers on the side packed and organize

Soldiers on the side packed and organize. Everything they were doing was the maximum silence, only clanging materials, but at the best trying to not get caught by him. Then two of them saw a silhouette.

"Is that him? Is that Maverick?"

"I don't know."

They slowly got closer to the silhouette, as Maverick could only watch from a not far distance.

For years Maverick did one thing; Watching over [Name]. Not just watching, in fact, he was taking care of her, even if she was the one scared of him. But well, not just taking care of her.

"Bring them to me." Maverick said turning Daival into a big wolf, who was growling and running to the men.

"No, it's a silly peasant girl."

A howling called their attention to the men. And Aurora turned to see what the fuss was about. But then fell under a spell of Maverick to make her sleep and don't see nor hear anything. Maverick was now on the soldiers' front. They started murmuring and backed away scared but the wolf stopped them to give any other step. They started going back and forth floating around by Maverick magic, dropping some armors and swords. Once he put them all together, Maverick used his power to throw them the furthest they could go. Turning Davail back to its human form, he turned to Maverick with an eyebrow raised.

"How could you do that to me?"

"You said anything I need." He frowned angrily at Maverick who only watched the disturbed creature with a glance.

"Yeah, but not a dog."

"It's a wolf, not a dog."

Maverick corrected Davail, who slightly pouted. He then scoffed, not noticing [Name] passing behind him.

"It's the same thing. They're dirty, vicious and they hunt birds."

"Fine. Next time I'll turn you into a mealy worm."

"Well, I'll be a mealy worm, gladly."

Raising an eyebrow in a distance [Name] watched them both talking and walking away, so it was safe to say she wanted to touch the armor from the man behind them; but it burned her hand, ringing a memory in her head.

.

.

.

Two kids, one of them a fairy, the other a normal human, they barely touched each others hand and one of them backed away in pain.

"What's wrong?"