>•Coming out part 2•<

Will knew it was pretty early in the morning to go to Mike's but he didn't really care much about that. All he wanted to do was confess. No. All he needed to do was confess.

Will ran up to the door and knocked.

No answer.

He waited for a couple minutes before knocking again. This time, somebody answered. It was Mrs. Wheeler.

"Hello Will. What are you doing here this early in the morning?" she asked him, smiling.

"I'm here to talk to Mike," he responded.

"Sure, come in, he's up in his room." She opened the door wider to let him in. He headed up the stairs to Mike's room.

Will knocked on Mike's bedroom door. He had manners unlike Mike, who always bursted into Will's room without knocking.

"Mom! What did I tell you about-" Mike started but was cutoff by Will opening the door. "Oh, it's just you, Will." Mike was sitting cross legged in his bed reading a comic book.

"We need to talk," Will said in a serious tone so Mike would know he wasn't joking around.

Mike patted on the mattress next him and Will went over and sat next to him.

"What do you need to talk about?" Mike looked at him with an oblivious expression on his face.

Will already knew this was a bad idea. What if Mike didn't like him back? Would things get awkward or would they stop being friends entirely? Would Mike even hate him?

Will pushed through those negative thoughts and got straight to the point.

"I like you Mike."

Mike looked Will in the eyes and grinned.

"Yeah I like you too! We are best friends!" Mike said.

"No, Mike. I like-like you."

Mike was still smiling that dumb smile he always had when he was clueless. "I like you too Will! We are best friends!"

Will just stared at him.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Mikes smile dropped slightly.

It was quiet for a moment.

"You didn't do anything wrong." Will paused. "Mike, I love you."

Mike's two braincells finally clicked together to make the connection. "Oh..."

He looked at Will and said in a gentle tone, "Will, I love you too.. I have since 2 years ago." Mike pulled Will into a hug.

It was silent for about 30 seconds before Mike pulled away, breaking apart the hug. But they were still close, their noses a few inches away. Will hesitantly leaned forward and closed the distance between them, their lips colliding. Will was blushing hard when he pulled away but he tried not to let Mike see. Mike noticed and smiled but didn't say anything.

Authors note:
HOLY CRAP! Sorry this chapter took a while to get out, school was a main reason, but also no motivation and writers block. Funsies! 😍😍

473 words