Hanahaki-ish IDK (California) part 2

TW: Gore and depression

There was a knock at his door. He couldn't bring himself to get up, and he couldn't really talk through the leaves, peddles, and stems. He just sat there on the floor. The room was silent for a little before the knock came again. Cali attempted to answer, but the words only came out as coughs and more bloody peddles. 'Just please come in' He said in his head, just hoping somehow, whoever it was would help him. Luckily for him the door knob turned and the door was opened.

Mass walked in and closed the door behind him. He looked at the state sitting on the floor. "You're not looking good." His comment came in a monition voice that sounded still kind of abrasive. There wasn't really a way to tell if Mass cared or not. However, based off everything that had been happening he probably didn't.

California glared into his eyes still trying to figure out his intentions. "...don't need...to make fun...me too" Some of his words were cut off by his inconsistent gasps of air. He looked into the eyes of the state with an unchanging expression. Just there glaring at each other for a minute.

"Whatevah" Massachusetts said after a little while before turning to leave.

Realizing that potentially his only chance at survival leaving, Cali tried to force himself to follow after. Only to end up completely on the floor. Even if he did manage to get up, the lack oxygen would have made him pass out. "I'm sorry, please don't leave me" His voice barley came out, straining against the flowers. This was probably his last chance. Every one keeps leaving, but Mass stopped and turned around with an annoyed but worried expression. "I'm sorry" Cali said again, even quieter this time as his throat was slowly blocked.

Mass stood in the door way for a second. Looking at the state now crying at his feet. He walked fully into the room and knelt down next to Cali. He'd come to check on him after how strange he was acting at the meeting. Now he could tell why, noticing the blood on his face, and shawl gasps he was taking for air. Mass pushed his shoulder in order to turn him over onto his left side.

California could feel as the flowers growth slowed almost to a stop. He could still barely breath, but it didn't seem like it was getting worse right now. Massachusetts'  expression was one of complete concern. "What's happening to you?" He asked wiping a blood covered leaf off Cali's face.

"It's..." He started before realizing her didn't exactly know how to explain it. Tears just streamed harder. There wasn't really anything he could do or say except that. It didn't matter.

"I'll get something to help you." Mass got up and started towards the door again. He had some supplies in his room that probably would help. He didn't know how much though, as he didn't know exactly what was happening.

"No don't leave, please" He reached out as the other state started to get up. Mass turned back towards him. He knelt down to the injured state, picked him up bridal style and then carried him out the door way.

"Maybe this isn't the best... -" Cali started in concern. There were a few concerns to raise with this. Someone would definitely see him now. And he still didn't know exactly how to explain what was going on. It was too hard to really think that much about it, as he was really dizzy. His breathing still wasn't the way it was supposed to be. It just hurt and he felt light head. He ended up leaning against Mass as he carried him.

"Oh my god" A voice gasped. Cali turned his head to see it was Washington. "Are you ok?" His eyes showed genuine concern. Mass kept walking and Washington followed in almost stunned silence. Cali had turned back to lean on Massachusetts, he didn't really have the energy to do anything else as it seemed like he was going to pass out. Yet he remained conscious when Mass set him down.

Cali still felt dazed as he leaned against a wall. Washington sat next to him as Mass got a first aid kit. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. If I knew this was why, I wouldn't have said that." Washington started in the before almost silent room.

"It's ok." His breathing was still a little off, but it seemed to be getting a little bit better. "I....I didn't think you would." As he said that a small pedal that was already in his throat blocked it causing him to cough again. Unladging it, it came out still bloody.

There was an awkward silence between the both of them. Then Mass came back. "Even though I don't necessarily like you, I don't want you to die." Cali coughed as another flower bloomed. "I don't want you to be hurt like this."

"Here" Mass handed Cali a bit of breathing medicine. "You need to rest" Then he left the room. California and Washington were left alone in the room.

WA placed his hand on Cali's "I do care about you." California gave him a small smile as it became a little easier to breath. "I just don't want to see you like this again. I guess in the end I do kind of consider you to be one of my friends"

Cali fell to the side, leaning on Washington's shoulder. "That honestly means a lot" He slowly regulated his breathing as they sat together. Both of them eventually fell asleep, it was nice after everything calmed.

California woke up first to find Washington resting his head on Cali's as he rested his on Washington's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day Cali ran into Mass again. "Are you ok now?" He asked almost immediately, but in a tone like it was just an ordinary conversation.

"Yeah, I'm better now. Thank you so much, I-"-Cali's thanks got interrupted."Great" Mass stated, walking away.

Word count: 1022