Riddle Me This

Y/N is getting closer to entering the Pokemon League. Now he is getting ready to compete for his seventh badge, the Volcano badge. As Y/N and his friends sail towards Cinnabar Island, who knows what surprises await them? 

Misty: I can't wait till we get to Cinnabar, it's supposed to be beautiful.

Brock: Its got an awesome volcano. Best of all, its Pokemon Research Laboratory is one of the best in the world. Trainers come from all over to learn the latest Pokemon techniques.

Y/N: I'm heading straight for the Cinnabar gym. And my next badge.

Pikachu: Pika. (Of course.)

Eevee: Vee. (Of course.)

Then a familiar voice is heard, that of Gary Oak.

Gary: Don't worry, girls! You'll all get a chance to take a picture with me! *notices Y/N and the others* Hey! Who let the rookie and their whole posse on the boat?

Y/N: Gary? You're going to Cinnabar Island?

Soon our heroes see all the passengers aboard the boat relaxing, diving into the pool, having a drink, and enjoying themselves, to the surprise of our heroes.

Y/N: Gee, there sure are a lot of people on this boat. And I bet all of them are Pokemon trainers.

Gary: Trainers? I'm surprised you don't have a clue. Pokemon trainers haven't gone to Cinnabar Island since my grandfather's days as trainer! These people are all tourists. Cinnabar Island's a resort.

Y/N stumbles and Pikachu, and Eevee, fall off of Y/N's shoulders when they hear what Gary said. Togepi remains nice and cozy in Y/N's backpack.

Y/N: It's a resort?!?

Gary: Actually, I've earned so many badges already, I'm taking a break to work on my tan.

Girls: He's so cool.

Y/N: A real trainer never takes a break. So while you're tanning, I'll be at the gym winning my badge.

Gary: From what I've heard, Cinnabar Island doesn't even have a Pokemon gym anymore.

Girls: Gary knows it all.

Y/N: What do you mean? It's gotta have a gym.

Gary: Well, you can believe what you want to, but you'll see for yourself. You are wasting your time.

Y/N: We'll see who's wasting time.

Pikachu: Pikachu. (Got that right.)

Eevee: Eevee. (Yeah.)

Finally the boat reaches Cinnabar Island, but our heroes are disappointed when they don't see a gym right off the bat when they dock and disembark from the boat.

Y/N: Maybe Gary was right.

Misty: This place is a tourist trap.

Brock: Might as well look around.

Later

Brock: No sign of a Pokemon gym, but there sure are a lot of tourists around here. There're so many nice islands, I wonder why this one became so popular.

Soon our heroes stop in front of someone.

???: The answer is a riddle. What do tourists think is hot and cool?

Y/N: (Who is this guy? What do tourists think is both hot and cool?)

Our heroes stand in wonder, thinking about the riddle they were given.

Misty: Hot springs are really hot, and.. And tourists think they're cool!

???: That's right! You see, friends, because of the volcano, there are lots of hot springs here on Cinnabar Island. And every year, more and more tourists come to visit em. Now, they've even taken over Cinnabar Island. Trainers don't come anymore. Tourists! They've ruined the island!