Knowledge

"Tell me everything you know about weaknesses of our kind."
I didn't have time to waste, so I stopped my thoughts from wandering in the past and asked Tahara the question that was running in my mind.

"Weaknesses of our kind? Shouldn't you know them better than me? Haven't you used most vicious ones already? I don't think anyone one in demon race has known this essence mirror imprisonment, that you use to deal with me."

"I'm didn't come here to listen to your complains and ranting, just tell me what I want to know."

"Consciousness, blood of Hacurs, tears of angels, sweat of aqua creatures, fire of heaven, hair of Drasken, devil's will and lastly their pair. I counted all that I know of. Who are you planning to destroy now?"

"Details?"
My question reminded him that he is not in position to ask questions.

"If our human victim gain consciousness during the play, we can't do anything. Then it will all depend on the strength of that human's consciousness and willpower. We can just walk away, or can also have to serve that human, if it wants and have guts to ask."

"Hmm, next."

"Even a single drop of Hacurs' blood can make us immobile for a long period of time."
There was loathe dripping from his answer, I guess it reminded him of his imprisonment. Oh well,

"Continue."

"Though there's no witness for it, because they say whoever witnessed it has died. But, tears of angels are our biggest weakness. It is said that god gave this power to their tears because once someone from our race tricked an angel. After enjoying themselves, they left the angel broken heart. The angel cried till they died. Upon their last breath, the angel called god with all remaining divinity in them and asked for justice. God said he can't do much as they are already dying. But what he can do, is to turn them into tears of angels, so that they can protect their own from now on. The angel agreed. But we have no idea what it does or how it affects us."

"Hmm."

"Sweat of aqua creatures is the rarest thing to find, but it is most lethal, as it can kill us instantly. Only cure for it is to get your pair. Only those who have found their pair can save themselves."
He couldn't look straight while talking about it. Trying to hide in fear? He should.

"Kkrrrrrr..."
The sound of nails scratching the mirror filled the room overlapped by high pitch screams.

"Ahhhhhh... Stop. Please stop. I apologise, please forgive please."

"Krrrr..." The longer I scratched, the louder the scream got.

"Why? Why are you doing this? We both know we can't change the past. No matter how much I apologise you won't forgive me. No matter how much I tried I can't undo what I did. Then why do you stll torture me?"

"You answered yourself, because it cannot be undone. You will suffer as long as I live. And even when the time comes for me to die, first I'll make sure to give you to a crackhead psychopath who will continue to torture you. Even after my death, you won't find peace. So don't even think about dying or being at peace. Now continue."

"Fire of heaven, story of this is related to the story of tears of the angels. After the death of that angel, every angle was angry and sad. When they completed the funeral of the dead angel on earth, they returned to the heaven. But they were stopped at the gate, god told them that there no place for anger and hate in the heaven, so throw it out before entering. So they all threw away their anger and hate in a pit, and their negative emotions turned into blazing fire. While any other fire can't do anything to us, that fire can burn us into ashes."

"Next."

"Our power is useless against Drasken's hair. In front of that, we are like weak humans. AAAHHHH..."

The sound of my nails scratching the mirror and pitiful screams of Tahara was blocked out of my ear and mind. The only thing I could hear was my mother's voice calling my name lovingly.

"Tamara. Tamara. Where are you? Mommy is coming to get you." Followed by her sweet bell like laugh.

And then everything shattered as the scene of my mother wearing a beautiful dress and lying on the floor came to my mind. Young and naive me had no idea that her dress has Drasken's hair mixed in the threads. And the beautiful red flower in the middle of the dress is actually a blood stain.

I leaned back on the chair closing my eyes. Closed the curtain on the mirror with flick of the fingers.

Why?

Why can't I still control my emotions? Why does it still hurt so much? I'm no longer the same naive girl from back then. I have seen and done things, yet I'm weak when it comes to my parents.

With that, I slipped in the memories of the past.

"Tamara. Tamara. Tamara come back mommy is calling you. It's almost midnight, you know it's no longer safe out there."
My dad called me. I was running around catching small night creatures that I am yet to know about.

It was my favourite thing to do, catch new things and bring them to mommy so that she can tell me stories about those things. I have never been out of the marked territory, as instructed by my parents. But got all my knowledge about the world through my mom.

"Coming, dad."
With that I run toward the house with a box full of random things.