Just What I Need Chapter 3

I don’t know what it was that woke me but I was wide awake. Slightly groggy, but awake enough to know it was four in the morning. I looked around, not disoriented for I knew I was in room B15 in Earnshaw Academy and today’s my first day. It was too early to get ready though and I wasn’t feeling the need for sleep so I decided to just stay in bed and look up the ceiling until time drags me. It wasn’t long when I got bored and thought it better to go out for a jog. I changed into some sweats and pulled my hair up. I brushed my teeth swiftly and treaded out of the dorm.

I considered informing Jade of my activity but figured that I wouldn’t be in any danger so I just stalked off on my own. It’s not like someone’s going to kidnap me or something. About halfway to the field, I started jogging. The sky was dark blue and the cold was nipping that I internally cursed myself for not bringing a jacket.

The wintry wind whipped my face not-so gently that I gradually slowed down into a half-jog. I didn’t want Jade to find me frozen in the borders of the field. I chuckled at the thought. Just then a silhouette loomed from a distance. I felt my heart skip a beat. It was a man. It was coming for me. I turned on my heels and ran back to where I came from. I wasn’t exactly the fastest runner on Earth so the man was nearing too fast for my liking. I tried to tread harder but my lungs were already bursting with the effort.

“Wait, Louise!” A male voice called from behind me.

I stopped in my tracks. Louise? No one else called me Louise but... Fray? I turned to look if it really was Fray but before I was even facing him, he collided with me.

“Oompfh.” I grunted as my back hit the damp ground and Fray’s weight massed over me.

He was panting as he looked down at me. “Do we always have to meet so disastrously?”

“I’d say no.” I mumbled in between pants.

“Likewise.” He said. He slightly hauled himself up, his on either side of my head. Aside from that, he made no move of getting off of me. “But if we always meet like this, I’d say hell yes.” He flirted.

I rolled my eyes. And, faster than he could register, I used all my remaining force to roll on top of him. I had my hands on either side of his head—a reverse of our position earlier. “Don’t you think this is better?” I smirked.

He grinned, flashing his perfect set of white teeth. “Let me think.” He pursed his lips in an attempt to look like he’s deliberating but I quickly stood up. I held my hand out for his aid.

He pouted adorably but pulled on my hand anyway. “I was still thinking.” He complained when he was upright.

I chuckled. “What are you doing up so early?” I asked and looked around. No one else seemed to be up.

“Jogging.” He provided. “You?”

“Jogging.” I grinned.

“To keep in shape?” He guessed.

“Na. To rid boredom.” I poked his muscled chest.