Just What I Need Chapter 1

Don't advertise on here. It's rude. I have a message board. Post it there if you will and I'd gladly read them (Do add descriptions, then its link--also the category, please).  -jovy :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shrill ring ripped my good night sleep. I groaned. Without opening my eyes, my hands flew to my bedside table and relentlessly searched for the source. When they found the rectangular noise-box, I wasted no time and silenced it, feeling drowsiness seep through me again. Gradually, my breathing deepened. I could tell I was drifting back to the comfort of the dark when the door burst open.

“Axel Louisse Vincent, get off that bed now or I’ll drag you!” I didn’t have to open my eyes to see who it was since I live with no one else but my aunt at the moment, Lauren.

“Sure.” I mumbled groggily, pulling my thick blanket over my face.

“Axel, I’m serious.” She said sternly. And even though I knew that she was damn right not kidding, I refused to respond. “Axel.” She half-snarled.

Finally, though much against my will, I opened my eyes and sighed, the blanket still in place. “I don’t want to go to school.” I muttered frankly.

I heard Lauren sigh. “Does this have anything to do with having a bodyguard?”

“Yes. And the fact that it’s my first day on a February.” I provided.

“Regardless, you know you have to go.” I heard her footsteps near so I knew what was coming for me; I tightened my grip on my blanket. As I had expected, she yanked on it forcefully. I defied. “Axel, stop being so stubborn!” she complained while pulling on my haven.

“Just this once, Lauren, can’t I miss my first day?” I half-begged.

“No.” She answered as soon as I’d finished my question. I heaved a sigh and let go of the blanket. She pulled it off and tossed it on the floor. She, then, placed her fists against either sides of her waist. “Now, will you voluntarily get downstairs or shall I really drag you?” She arched an eyebrow.

I frowned. I knew she makes good on her word. “I’m a volunteer.”

“Good.” She turned on her heels and stalked out of my door.

 “That girl.” I grunted under my breath. Yes, you heard me right. Lauren’s just a girl if I say so myself. She’s Dad’s younger sister and she’s just twenty-three. She’s an inch taller than me and yet she has all the authority in this house—which I legally own, by the way.

Dad’s in Paris now and Mom’s with him, doing some job I never really knew about, so they left me with cruel, little Lauren… and a bodyguard I was to meet today.

I grimaced. I never saw the need for a bodyguard. Heck, I didn’t see the necessity in transferring to another school when I was doing fine in my former. It was all so sudden: Dad and Mom flew to Paris, Lauren came to babysit me, they pulled me out of my high school, enrolled me in some fancy Earnshaw Academy and, worst case scenario, hired me a black-suited, ear-pieced freak to follow me around.