Chapter 8: Costumes

It's a quiet plane ride to the lab. I'm somewhat eager to see what Aaron has done while we were away.  If he built us anything like the stuff he has built himself, then we are in for a treat.

We arrive and he is hard at work. He hardly notices us as we arrive at his doorstep. He looks like he's working on something big. I tap on his shoulders and see the eyes of a sleep deprived man. He looks back at me and exhaustively tells me that he has worked nonstop and has some stuff to show us. He shows us five suits that look almost identical, but feel different.

First, he looks at Alex and shows him a stretchy and comfortable looking ensemble. He tells him that this will help him move through objects when he's intangible. I honestly think that he didn't know what to give him, but Alex gives him a discerning nod anyway and he goes on to Rebecca.

For Rebecca, he has a form fitting attire. It doesn't look like much but it comes with a special feature. She asks him about it and he shows her that the clothes change when she changes. It's supposed to go with whatever person she has taken over. Impressed, she thanks Aaron and begins to examine her new suit.

Aaron gives Jack some futuristic looking glasses that, according to Aaron, are special. He believes that the glasses will improve his eyesight and make his mind reading time faster. If this works, Jack could read minds in as fast as a second. Jack is astonished. He gives Aaron a look of approval and goes to test out his new glasses.

Kevin, like Jack, also has an accessory. He gets a cutting-edge glove with a little hole in the middle with a tiny machine around it. Aaron says it will speed up his power transferring time like the glasses will speed up Jack's mind reading time. It will virtually be impossible to stop him from stealing people's powers.

Finally, he looks at me and says, "Since we are physically powerless, I have something special." Aaron made himself a less powerful version of Johnny's glove. It could possibly be our way to fight Johnny head-on.

I wanted to be in control of that power, but he says he has something better for me. He looks at me and hands over a gun. At first I'm not impressed, but then he shows me what it can do. It shoots deadly lasers right into the center of the heart no matter how bad the aim. This is what I intend to kill him with.

With everyone set with their new equipment, Aaron takes me aside and gives me one more thing. It's a mask. "Here's a little something so that all those people won't have to see that hideous scar. They'll have to start calling you The Masked Murderer." I snicker and put it on. The name kind of has a ring to it.

After a while of testing out, we sit down to talk. After a few hours of planning, we devise a plan. It's a little risky, but it can work. Rebecca, who hasn't said much since arriving, finally asks where we will all stay. Aaron surprisingly offers to let us all stay in his mansion. We happily agree and start to unpack.

Before everyone retreats to their rooms, I ask Aaron one thing. "How come everyone's suit has a m in the middle?" He simply looks at me and smirks, "Because we're The Murderers."