T W E N T Y - O N E

Apologies for such lateness. But we were both extremely busy. Given current world circumstances, I say that gives us a pass.

------------------------------------------

Liliya rested her chin on her hand as she listened to the teacher, blabbering about things she already knew — as always. Potions was never her favourite for this particular reason.

She turned her head and spotted Draco in a similar bored way; his companions, Theo and Blaise, whispered amongst one another, lost in a world of their own. Unbeknownst to what, it didn't matter to Liliya.

Because Draco — he seemed so miserable.

Lazily melting into his chair, first few buttons of his shirt undone, and his wand twirling between his fingers. Sometimes they got caught by the jewells dressing them.

When his eyes caught Liliya's, she turned away in a flash, feeling embarrassed that he noticed her staring. Her cheeks became cherry red, a sudden scratchiness to her throat, Liliya sighed and gawked at Hermione who leaned far too forward as she swallowed every piece of information in.

Bloody know-it-all. Liliya's head echoed.

A part of her debated whether to throw a spark charm and topple her over her desk. The thought almost brought a visible smirk to her face.

"Blueberries, sir," Hermione chirped, pride squealing from her tone.

Liliya rolled her eyes and turned back toward the blonde, she couldn't help it, like something was pulling her eyes in his direction. But she was glad that when she did, she saw the same snarl wedged into his lips, except he already had his wand pointed in her direction.

"It's actually blackberries, sir, they have less sugar," Draco grumbled from his seat, not even lifting his head from his desk.

"Correct, Mr Malfoy, five points to Slytherin," Snape said. "Perhaps reading a few more potion books would help, Miss Granger."

"But I read all the time."

"Clearly not enough."

Whatever snide remark Hermione threw back at him, both Snape and Draco, was left ignored. However, it hadn't stopped Liliya from noticing the grip on Draco's wand tightening, so much his skin could've become translucent.

Liliya wondered if it'd been the situation with his father that idled his mind. A cycled manoeuvre that haunted him. And she understood why he was so upset. Who wouldn't be?

And she couldn't help but wonder if another kiss from her lips to his would make him feel better. That eve at the tower, she offered him to spend the night in her dorm, which surprisingly, he rejected. That's when she knew he was really upset.

"Miss Jade?" Liliya jumped out of her skin at the sound of Snape's voice. Her eyes darted back to the front. "Did you get that, or is your mind someplace else?"

She blinked. "Yeah— Yeah, I got everything, sir."

Snape's brow arched, as though a question pardoned. "Then why are you sitting at your desk like a dead flobberworm?" he hissed. "Go and find a partner."

Her skin flushed, eyes roaming around the classroom as duets formed. But before Liliya could move, a tall brunette was leaning over her, "Need a partner?" His cunning smirk was dangerously handsome, like rich chocolate mixed with liquor.

Liliya threw him a pensive look, mouth twisting into the corner of her cheek. "I'm going to go with Draco, alright?"

She never allowed him to answer as she wrapped her books and shot out of her seat. When Liliya tredded toward the blond boy, his head still hadn't lifted from his desk, a swollen pout accompanied his tensed expression.